Polishing Rear Taillamp

Richard S

My rear taillamp plastic is looking a bit shoddy and scratched. I was wondering if anyone had tried using a scratch remover/polish designed for plastic. I have some stuff that worked well on my motorcycle fairing, but want to know if there is anything better out there.

best stuff I have found is McQuires #2 <BR>compound . Buick Town chapter used that stuff<BR>say it the best . I have found it does work <BR>really well

quick question for ya,wufibug. have you recently bought your first reatta, or did you just recently discover this forum? just wondering. by the way. keep the questions rollin, we love to help!

Troy, just bought my car a few weeks ago from Greg Fell in Texas, who, I understand, was a frequent and useful contributor to this site. Greg seemed to be a great guy. Since he no longer has a Reatta, we will miss him on the forum.<BR>

Guys after reading all the posts on Maguires step 2 crystal polish I went out and bought a bottle and tried it on My cloudy tailight. I cant believe the diffence. It looks 90% better. My Daughter has a LeBaron convertible that has the brownist headlights I have ever seen. They wanted over 150.00 for each light so I was to cheap to buy new. I tried this stuff on it and it is night and day difference. Excellent product. I dont know how long it will last but it is so easy to put on that I will just redo it when needed. Skip

• 8 months later...

I got this from Mike the GM engineer who just sold his '89. I used the product and it works. Stay away from BUICK letters with any polish. Clean the lense (outside) with Meguiars #17 Clear Plastic Cleaner, polish it with Mequiars #10 Clear Plastic Polish. I was really impressed, should cost you about $15.00 for both bottles.

IN REFERENCE TO THE CLOUDY TAILIGHTS-MINE ARE CLOUDY ON THE INSIDE TOO. I TRIED TO TAKE THE LENS OFF BUT ONE OF THE SCREWS WOULDNT BUDGE AND DIDNT WANT TO BREAK IT. ANY SUGGESTIONS?