Headlights flicker when stoping

Does anyone notice on the 88-90 Reattas the headlights flicker when pressing the brake? Do they all do this? I notice this most when moving slow and hitting the brakes to stop like pulling in a drak garage. The lights dim out for a fraction of a second just when I press the brakes. I sure this is from the brake motor pump kicking on and the added electrial load causing a low power surge. <P>The battery, alternator, and cables are fine. I'm thinking it is a capasitor I happened to see in a service manual. Capasitors can be used to prevent surges and I'm thinking that was GM's purpose for these. <P>I seen 2 brake switch capasitors listed in one (non GM) repair manual. One should be behind left side of dash in brake conector. The other one is in wiring harness right of steering column. In the wiering diagram I only seen one on the brake switch. In the parts manual I did not see any listings but I may not be the best with the parts book. I wonder if the capasitor has some standared number/size I can get at a electronics store. <P>Before I tear things apart looking for these capasitors I was wondering if anyone had anyone had any experiance with them.

i have a 91' reatta, it does the same thing. as you said, it only happens for a fraction of a second. but of course "WE" notice it. hehehe it doesnt realy bother me though.

Capacitor's won't help this problem. They are probably there for 'click' suppression in the radio. Probably its as mentioned, the sudden surge of current to light all those brake lights and MAYBE the running of the pump (though I doubt it). It takes a second or less for the electronics in the alternator to catch up and re-establish electrical supply.