Time to post another "What is It"

1937hd45

Well, you sure seemed to stump a lot of us on this one. Given the right hand drive and the gas parking light by the driver, it looks like its pre-1915. Any chance of getting a clearer view of the medallion on the radiator shroud? or the center of one of the tires? Or would that be cheating? But it is a great photo and that sure is one huge car!

Hi,

The car in the picture is a 1912 Everitt, model 6-48 probably a 5 passenger touring. This car has a 127 inch wheel base and a hugh 6 cyl monoblock engine and 28 inch tires. I have two Everitts and about twenty brochures and manuals and your photo is identical. Also the Everitt radiator emblem is a horizontal diamond and the hubcaps are a hex alunimum with the Everitt script on the face.

A great photo.

Willard Schoellerman

Hi again,

Actually I have been looking at the "what is it" for several months but never logged in as there was never anty thing to say until your Everitt picture came up which was still a surprise. The Everitt I have restored(except for upholstry) is a 1911 four cyl model 30 and my second car is a 1912 model 4-36 roadster which is a longer wheel base and more powerful than the model 30. There is only one six cylinder car in existance, like your photo, and that is in New England. To answer your other question, yes the car can go 60+ mph. Now a question for you. Can I talk you into making a copy of your picture for my picture file and I would be happy to pay for the cost?

Thanks,

Willard

• 2 months later...

How about a "STAR" Car (early 20s) >> Haven't seen one in years >> A Star car had such a ridged frame you could take a tire (any of them >> Just one! heh-heh)off of it and drive it in circles! >> Thats my only guess! >> Carl M.

I doubt it. If you removed a rear wheel, the car would go nowhere because of the differential. The empty brake drum would spin merrily away. That, plus I doubt it anyway.