1924 LA. Uncle Joe at the wheel of spiffy roadster. What is it?

mitchellpierre

Looking at the front axle, I'd guess its a model T speedster. The high hood could be covering an overhead made by Frontenac or Roof... Could even be an aftermarket factory made racer body there were several companies that made them especially for Fords.

You could post it on the MTFCA and MTFCI websites for a better idea. NICE picture, it is a collectable in it's own right!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, didn't Dragone have a Model T coupe like this at Hershey last year in the White Field? </div></div>

YES! That was a coupe body made by Bub, NOT Budd, for the New York City auto show in the 1920's. It was sold to someone here in Connecticut who plans to keep it in its unrestored condition. grin.gif This Morton & Brett speedster body is listed in an original flyer in my collection. Does anyone want to guess what dealer cost and sugested retail was?370936-Mvc-001f.jpg

post-31159-143137891792_thumb.jpg

See attachment for price on Morton & Brett body. ---------- Did you all know that if the speedster in the origin photo survived to this day it would be BANNED from AACA class judging? However if the speedster body was removed and you got 3 sheets of plywood and built a Depot Hack body that would be OK and might win a National First Prize? I has happened many times in the past. smirk.gif

post-31159-143137891794_thumb.jpg