Delco Remy Distributor - 21 Studebaker

Hello,

I have a 1921 Studebaker model EJ touring car that does not have the original distributor. As a matter of fact the one in the car is cracked and ready to fall apart soon. I need help in identifying the original model. Does anybody have a 20's reference book as to help me identify the original one?

I have found a model 639 on ebay that has the timing mechanism and I may be able to retrofit to the car. Also, I was wondering who you could recommend for distributor work?

Thanks,

BBStude21

There were 2 vendors that supplied distributors for these cars - Remy and Wagner. The Remy distributor model that is correct for 21 is model 606A. This was also used in 1922 until engine number 73613. A model 626A was used after 73613. The parts book lists the Wagner distributor as part number 43866 but I do not see the model number there. But I did find it in the service book - model K97.

Joel

Hi Joel,

Thanks very much for the information. I just purchased a 639A Remy from ebay. I am hoping to find someone that can retrofit this distributor to my car. (Modify the shaft, etc). If you know of someone who does this type of work I would appreciate the reference.

Thanks,

BBStude21