Should I buy it or not...What do you think?

CReichert

Hi All-<P>I am the proud owner of a Claret Red 1990. I love this car and am thinking of buying another. I came across one for sale and I can't decide if I should purchase it or not. Please give me some advice- especially those who have '89s. Here are the specs: <P>1989<BR>80k miles<BR>engine runs well<BR>tires are new and wide<BR>CRT has no problems<BR>exterior paint good condition<BR>small scrape on bumper (I think its just the black strip around the back bumper)<BR>small dent in trunk (size of a quarter-must have shut something in it)<BR>interior- filthy but no rips or tears<BR>headlight motors not working<P>The asking price on this was $3000 and normally I would have bought it on the spot. HOWEVER, when I went to park the car after test driving it, the brakes did the "malfunction" thing where it feels like the anti-lock is pumping while you are breaking (pedal did NOT get hard like other failures posted here). When I looked under the hood, I noticed the brake fluid was low. <P>Back to my original question: Should I buy this car? If so, can a filthy interior be detailed to perfection? Would the low brake fluid cause this brake action to happen? Could I fix a small dent in the trunk? Please let me know your opinion- I want to decide as quickly as possible so I don't miss on this chance! <P>Thanks-<BR>CTR<P>

Hi CTR.....I also have a Claret Red 1990 coupe with the gray interior. This car has 83,700 miles on it, new struts all the way around, almost new tires, and is in very nice shape. No dents, the paint is very nice, the interior is extremely nice, and everything works perfectly. I am selling the car because I just bought a '91 coupe that I absolutely love. I'm asking $8500.00, but would be open to a reasonable offer, if you would be interested in another one just like yours. Please call, fax, e-mail, or leave a post here if you would like to discuss the possibilities.<P>Mike Book BCA # 9202<BR>Reatta club # 407<BR>BDE # 109<BR>877-470-8219 ( toll free phone )<BR>614-471-1714 ( fax )<BR>AULMike@aol.com ( e-mail )

If You can do Your Own work, I would jump on that car. My 89 was somewhat the same only with 135k. I paid 3000 for it and I think I got an excellent deal. The interior cleaned up nicely and buffing the clear coat made it look 90% better. The brakes go with the territory on these. I wouldnt let it stop Me. Wish I would have found it with that low mileage before I bought MIne. Skip

Hey, guess what...I bought it last night! When I looked at it again, I realized just what a good deal this was- Why I hesitated, I don't know. <P>I am now the Pround owner of two beautiful Reattas! Thanks for your comments and suggestions!<P>CTR<BR>