Forty plus options down ..two to go

George Madsen

In an attempt to learn exactly what options are on a 91 I own, I pulled the spare tire out of the trunk, lifted the matting and peered at the three oclock position in the spare tire well. I jotted down all of the three digit codes and logged on to Reatta.net,then clicked on Service Codes. I pulled up all the options the 91 came with...almost. I still have two codes on my list that are not addressed on the website. I have rechecked the codes in the trunk to be sure that they are correct. The two option codes in question are R7B and YE8. Does anyone in the world have these particular three digit codes and know what they mean? Better yet, does anyone in the world know where I can look to find out what they mean?

George, you have too much time on your hands. I am going to send you some projects.

Carole, the post was typed so nicely, you need to send George to typing school so he can do his own. smile.gif

As you have already discovered, there are lots of these mystery codes.

R7B falls in with other similar ones and is some sort of sales code. Not being a GM factory type, I suspect these were codes assigned to different sales insentives and could vary with GM zones.

YE8 is interesting, my '91 convertible has a YL1 = trim, uphostery, leather

and YP8 = convertible. The 1992 GM Production Option book list the following similar as some sort of trim option. Here are a few,

YC5, 6,7,8, are all convenience packages, decor level #5,#6, #7, #9

YE2= convenience package decor level #2 low trim

YE3= convenience package decor level #3 high trim

Note that these are not specified for which vehicle they are intended

I have a photo of 1G4EC33L4MB900376, a white 1991 convertible with tan interior, it also has the R7B code. Any chance your car is a convertible? YP8 is the merchandising code for convertibles.