Hi all,

I'm going to look at a Packard 120 that is for sale.

Can someone give a few comments on the reliability, driveability, parts availability, etc. of the 120 model?

This car is a 1939. Any commments on things to look for or watch out for on a 1939? Is there a year people think is a better year or best year for the Packard 120? I'm looking for a good "daily driver" car and not a show car.

Appreciate your thoughts

--Scott

Scott - 1939 is a "good" year in terms of parts and driveability. I would be happy to offer any "free advice" for your consideration. You are welcome to send me a private message with your phone number, or raise any specific questions in this string for the gang to shoot at. The only issue that comes to mind is the 1939 overdrive is kind of a one-year only setup. Not a big problem, but about the only one year only issue that springs to mind.

If it like the 41-42 check out the floor of the trunk below the lights, water get in this area when the trunk lid seal go bad. It repair able, similarly check out the driver floor board from below. It a great car good luck with it, and get a driver and enjoy for a few year before starting a restoration project.

• 1 month later...

I had a 38 120 and currently a 41 120 and they are my favorite car to drive, next to my 40 180, they handle good ride smooth and last forever, as long as you change the fluids lube it and keep it tuned, only problem I had was finding brake springs for it when one of the original springs broke after some 65 years. Kanter has them though.