My new car 1936 4door dodge

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great looking car. I just bought a 1936 Dodge D2 on ebay from St. Louis, Mo. The engine and transmission were not in the car but the engine appears to have been rebuilt. The interior will need to be replaced. Would it be possible for you to post a picture of the engine compartment. I need a view of the intake manifold/carbuerator. This is my first antique car and I want to keep it as original as possible. Thank You, Bruce

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi Adcap,

I bought my second '36 D2 4DR Touring Sedan in 1986. I thought it was one of the best preserved original cars out there. Was well worth the just under $3000 I paid. Now I see you car. What a beauty! It is now the best original looking version I have seen! I hope you do all you can to keep it original and to do all the necessary research to keep it that way as you work with it toward perfection. It should be SO EASY!

Finding excellent original cars to help with questions of authenticity is getting harder all the time. Your vehicle must be preserved for the research of future generations.

Questions. What part of the world are you in? What have you done with the car since 2006? Can you post another few photos now to keep us up-to-date? Are you a member of the "Dodge Brother's Club"?

Have a good one! Take care of that car!

Stu

Say all... I see there seems to be a concerted effort by people here to post their interest in the 1936 models of Dodge Passenger Cars!

This brings me to my question. I have always thought of putting together a "Registry" of 1936 Dodge Passenger Cars but didn't really know how. There seems to be quite a bit of contact here between interested owners of those vehicles. So... how about a registry here?

I will start a new thread (or threads) designed to hold information on the where abouts of any and all, "still alive", 1936 Dodges. Maybe a thread for each model. People could post the three (or four) important numbers from their vehicles, locations (maybe not specifically) and their names (or AACA Forum alias) in an effort to track these cars, see some great photos of each, and make a centralized spot for owners to meet and exchange info in an effort to preserve these great cars.

There doesn't seem to be as much Club interest in the later models as the earlier Senior or Victory models so we later owners should get off our collective backsides and pump up our later cars a bit. A "Registry" would be a great place to start!

OK - Here is the forum link to "The Questions". Check it out and answer IN THAT THREAD please. (Not here).

http://forums.aaca.org/f143/what-do-you-think-1936-dodge-281252.html

Thanks

post-67404-143138204348_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1936 D2
Added Link. (see edit history)

OOooohhh! With tire covers and a grill guard! Absolutely cool! :cool:

Where is it now?

It was sold and the last time I saw it, it was completely vandalized. The guy's "wife" did not want her car to sit outside, so the beautiful old Dodge got put out in the parking lot of their apartments and it got shredded by some kids....tires, windows, instruments, seats. It was a gorgeous all original car except for a repaint. It was my "baby" in high school. I cried when I last saw it. But I am much better now...

post-37352-143138204422_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138204804_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138204808_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138204813_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

OH NOOOooo!!! (You didn't have to tell me that!!!) :eek:

OK then... Was the car saved or did it end up, dare I say - gulp, crushed?

If still around in any condition, do you think there are any parts available?

Also, do you think you could do any research on it's present condition and where-a-bouts? I would be curious about the unique numbers ("Serial Number", Body Tag Number" "Engine Number" and "Firewall Number") if you have access to any of them on old paperwork.

Thanks for listening and the (gulp) information you gave. :(

OH NOOOooo!!! (You didn't have to tell me that!!!) :eek:

OK then... Was the car saved or did it end up, dare I say - gulp, crushed?

If still around in any condition, do you think there are any parts available?

Also, do you think you could do any research on it's present condition and where-a-bouts? I would be curious about the unique numbers ("Serial Number", Body Tag Number" "Engine Number" and "Firewall Number") if you have access to any of them on old paperwork.

Thanks for listening and the (gulp) information you gave. :(

Unfortunately, I have never found the car again. I was looking for a while, but kept running into dead ends. I am sure that it was still restorable.