88 reatta

tinknocker88

Guest F14CRAZY

Yup. If the entire screen is blacking out, it could be a bad soldering joint. Open the unit up and touch the joints of the red, 3 terminal connector with an iron

But before that, try some terminal cleaner and reseating it a couple times

Welcome to the group! Stay tuned for Brake, tape deck, headlight switch advice. We can save you some money in most case over dealer diagnosis. Collectively, we know these cars better than most dealers. Check here often we like to help. Wally, tell him about the brake test....... smile.gif

The most common part to go bad in the '88-89 Reattas is the CRT/touch screen and the most common problem with it is the screen will go black. From my experience it is not a loose connection but one of the internal chips on the circuit board.

I have several Reatta parts cars and have good working CRT/touch screens available. I can be reached at jfinn@cpinternet.com

Welcome!

The most commonly broken part on Reattae is the passenger side mirror/vent window.

Be careful backing out of the garage!!!

These parts are becoming VERY difficult to find, and the remaining ones are few and far between. Soon, there will be no more suitable replacements.

So, enjoy your "new" acquisition! It will put a smile on your face every time you go for a ride. When well maintained, these cars are extremely reliable and provide years of enjoyment.

...and, come springtime, you'll be looking for a Reatta convertible, to enhance your driving pleasure beyond the exilleration you already get from your coupe.

Barney Eaton, the keeper of the Reatta database will need your VIN#, and photos of the car, including the equipment tag, located in the trunk, near the spare tire, on the right, under the insulation. This will help identify your car and provide the database with more complete data set on remaining cars.

Please post photos of your car so we all can revel in it's beauty!

...and add some details: Does it have a sunroof? suede bolsters on the sides of the seats? a seat control pod mounted on the side of the seats? a Turbocharger?

Y'know optional stuff, I've listed all the optional equipment above, anything else is standard for 1988.

Here's a photo of my bride's (Panikmekanik) '88 white/maroon coupe, after being restored from a deer strike, with 180,000 miles-still running like an Energizer bunny!

post-38921-143137889037_thumb.jpg