Have you encountered-Hard Pedal? Brake Failure?

Guest wally888

Guest wally888

I am composing a list of questions for a Teves Antilock Expert. ( Think one has been located) If you would like to add a question or see the list, email me - wally888@communicomm.com<BR> If you have experienced BRAKE FAILURE and/or Hard Pedal AND the CAUSE is UNKNOWN, the following is for you. Please Help!<BR> Describe what happened, i.e.-lights? No warning? status of pedal? Did all return to normal? not sure of cause because several parts were replaced? other symtoms or non symtoms? Problem went away? one wheel locked?<BR> ??<BR> Please send answers to wally888@communicomm.com<P>------------------<BR> <A HREF="http://www.reatta.net" TARGET=_blank>www.reatta.net</A> has supplemental info re.88, 89 and 90 Reatta Brakes.<BR>Please inform me of any new info, info needing editing or errors. A work in progress.

Guest wally888

W/ the key off, pump the brake pedal 25 or 30 times. The pedal will get very hard, there is no boost pressure left.<BR> Maybe you should give you car test at site below!<P>------------------<BR> <A HREF="http://www.reatta.net" TARGET=_blank>www.reatta.net</A> has supplemental info re.88, 89 and 90 Reatta Brakes.<BR>Please inform me of any new info, info needing editing or errors. A work in progress.

Hang in there wally888 I had my master cylinder assembly back in the car but it had a bad leak where I broke the plastic fitting on the pump suction line to the reservoir. I had to take it back out and fabricate a metal fitting and haven't had a chance to put it back in. I'll have a lot to report about the brakes when I get back to it. Until then I'm installing a new furnace in my house and that comes first.

Anyone who has experienced brake failure or something approximating it, should go to the NHSTA website and report it. If they get enough complaints, it will trigger an investigation, which in turn might trigger a recall, which in turn could force GM, not Reatta owners, to bear the substantial cost of brake work.<BR>The issue, as far as NHSTA is concerned, is whether the system has design flaws that can cause failures that pose a risk to the motoring public. Obviously, nothing lasts forever, but the issue is whether the system gives adequate warning of failure, and whether that failure is related to normal wear or design flaw.