1959 Buick Electra 225 Convert for sale

There is a 59 225 convert for sale $19,000 at Classical Gas in Eaton Co. The ad is posted in the Feb 23 edition of Old Cars. There no is 970-454-1365 or 800-753-7955. Just beware, I have been to his place several times some of the cars are great and some look great on the surface.

Good Luck

I'm not too sure what I'm seeing , but is the lower rear fender, behind the rear wheel well , at bumper level missing? as in rusted off, along with a ss trim panel. And, why does the area below the rear bumper look odd? Is there a missing metal panel from that area? The rear end looks like the underside is somehow missing?

I would guess there are a lot of guys that would jump at this car, but I fear there is a lot hidden, and not so hidden rust out.

I also see they claim 49,000 original miles. I wonder how they arrive at that. Any one talked to them about the car? Any one planning to take a look at it?

[ Like I really need another project, but I'd trade my 58 Caballero for it]

John

Keep the Caballero John.

What I don't get is how some parts of this car look as good as they do...I was reading the post about whether it is a #3 or #4 car before looking...before I realized I could enlarge the photos, I thought it didn't look that bad. Nice paint...including what appears to be over a hole in the front wheel well...hmm...that engine looks pretty nice though...wonder if it is a relatively low mileage car that has just been detailed or if they pulled the engine, painted it, and dropped it back in again.

Oh well...neat looking car, but until I buy a shed, I've been told no more are coming home...for that price, I'd like to think I could get a lot more car too.

John, the large stainless trim panel behind the rear wheel opening appeared only on the Electra 225 4-door hardtop models -- not on the convertible. Nonetheless, it does appear that there are some rust issues in the lower rear quarters.

The valance panel that fits below the rear bumper is missing from this car, which is why it looks wrong from the rear. This should be a relatively easy part to locate.

• 2 weeks later...

Call me crazy, but I emailed the ' email for more info' address, thinking that I could get more info.

No reply for several days, so I'm wondering if it has been sold , or, if the questions I asked were too tough, or, ???

Anyone know anything about this car, or been to look at it?

I guess the next step is to call the 1-800 number, but its tough to get more pictures that way.

Any one interested in a 58 Caballero with dual factory trailmaster lights ... that work!

John

I have inquired about 2 or 3 of Classical Gas cars in the past. email responses are slow and usually come from a woman. They jack all prices way way up for wiggle room. They will hold onto a car for literally years if they have to, but eventually I see them drop off their offering lists.

For about a year they had a 62 Electra convertible offered for $1,995 but no photos. They described that car as a low mileage car that had been left out in the field. Then I finally got photos of it, they also added photos to their website and increased the price to $3,995. Not sure if it is still there.

I was interested in a 55 Pontiac Star Chief 2 door HT for $1500?? I think, and they eventually came way down on that price and communicated well with me to try and sell it.

I would definitely recommend seeing the car first hand or have a knowledgeable Buick lover look at it. Some of their cars are glitter on the outside but ragged below the skin. They are just south of Fort Collins about 50 mi north of Denver. They do have some nice stuff and also High priced junk.

I would love the Cabalero but my finances say no at this time.

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would love the Cabalero but my finances say no at this time. </div></div>

That's good, because John really doesn't want to sell it anyway grin.gif </div></div>

Now that's takin care of a Buick Brother there. In other words anyone wanting to buy Johns Caballero please see The Thriller first.

So Derek, how often does John have those spells?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now that's takin care of a Buick Brother there. In other words anyone wanting to buy Johns Caballero please see The Thriller first.

So Derek, how often does John have those spells? </div></div>

Either when his wife isn't in the room and he sees another Buick or when something doesn't go right on the repair / restoration side...the latter is dependent on temperature and motivation in this part of the world (-20 C tonight or about -4 F if my math is right). grin.gifcool.gif

So true.

I have had a secret desire for a 59 ragtop, ever since I passed on a 59 about 10 years ago... see picture of the car I could have had...

59ragtop5lx.jpg[/image]

Not only that, but as Thriller says, its gotten really cold lately and since I can't do any car work, my mind wanders back to what could have been. That 59 in Eaton looks like it needs a good home.

But, why give up the Caballero, what was I thinking?

I wonder if anyone knows anything about the 59. I still haven't received an answer to my inquiry. I guess they really aren't motivated sellers.[ or maybe they are working with another prospect and want to conclude that negotiation first, one way or the other].

Hey, what ever happened to the good old days of pressure selling and leveraging one buyer against the other?

Hey John - I'm planning to drive my 1950 Road Beast (photo attached) up to Fort Collins this weekend. If you are serious about the '59 Electra at Classical Gas Station I would be willing to check it out, ask some questions, and take some photos for you. I'm not a mechanic or an appraiser. Let me know exactly what things you want me to inspect.

Jim@Vivipix.com

post-45311-143137888246_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I had no problem with contact them by E-mail I had a reply the next day, I made them and offer to see what they where looking to get out of it

they said they turned down a 17000.oo offer on the car already

but went on to tell me the car came with good rear quarters , rockers & front fenders, these cars are not going to get any cheaper in the near future, this maybe priced right according to what it would be worth when its done ...