wiper switch

Help. Its not a big problem yet, but my wipers arent always stopping when I turn them off. Would a relay cause this, is there any way to check a relay so I dont change it for no reason.

If it is the switch... I just changed the switch on the other side of the dash because my cruise control wasnt working properly. all of the switches in the row are on one switch, that switch was $350 canadian and it was easy to install, my mechanic did it for $21. I found a used switch from a 86 riviera for $50 it was the same as a reatta switch with one extra feature, sentinal lights. I installed it and it works fine. I assume if you need a switch you could do the same as I did, I think 86 to 91 rivieras are suitable donors. good luck

The most common cause for wippers not turning off is a bad/dirty park switch. We could get into testing the wires at the motor plug but you better off just following the service manual. The park switch is inside the wiper motor. I don't really know how to explain replaceing one. All it is is 2 copper contacts. The contacts touch when the blades are at the bottom of the windshield. The motor won't shut off until the contacts touch otherwise they would stop in the middle of the glass. It also goes into a park mode that pulls the blades down low when you shut them off. You should be able to access the switch without removing the motor. <P>You should be able to ge the park switch from GM. I don't remember if it was part of the intermitant control bord on the motor. The easy but maybe more expensive way to fix this is to get a complete rebuilt wiper motor from a parts store. Make sure it comes with every thing. Some are just motors you have to chang over alot of parts. <P>The wiper switches are different on the 90-91 because they were in the column (the multi function switch). <P>By installing a Riveria wiper headlight switch with twilight setinal did the extra twilight setinal option work?<P>Tom<P>