worth of 1916 Maxwell

Would anyone know the approximate value of a topless, restored 1916 Maxwell? A widow friend of my grandparents in Nevada is selling it. I assume the car runs. Thanks, Belinda.

You'll need to get the model number, when it was restored, and at least a picture of it to get any idea, you can also go to the Hemmings Motor News site and get some idea of a value from the appraisal estimate part. It will still require you to know the model number and body style. There is currently a fully restored one, a 1920 Maxwell,..in hemmings for $14,000. Fully restored, that is not an unreasonable asking price. Depending on how old and how complete the restoration is, I'd estimate that it should go for no LESS than $6,000 if it is restored, was a complete restoration, and the work was done within the last 20 years, but THAT estimate is unfairly low, if it is in good condition. If it is in poor condition,... Unrestored, it might bring anywhere from $1,200 to $3,900.<BR>As you can see, there are way too many variables to give you a good idea. ASSUMING it is a good, complete restoration, $8,000 to $14,000 is a fair estimate,...but I would not stand behind that without seeing it personally.<p>[This message has been edited by IndianaCarGuy (edited 03-16-2001).]

Note: there is a new "Maxwell Registry" forum here!<P>Find it at: <A HREF="http://www.aaca.org/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Maxwell+Registry&number=40" TARGET=_blank>http://www.aaca.org/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Maxwell+Registry&number=40</A> <P>I strongly suggest you post your question there also.<P>Peter<P>------------------<BR>Peter Gariepy<BR>AACA Webmaster<BR> peterg@aaca.org <BR>www.aaca.org