CAR SHOW DASH PLAQUES

We recently hosted our Spring Meet where we got over 400 cars on the field. We always give out a dash plaque. Over the past many many years we have dealt with Kacsar. We placed an order for two set of dash plaques one for a show in April and the other the first week in June. We placed the orders in Jan. and the dash plaques for the April show arrived two days before the show. We placed repeated phone calls to the number. No one replied. Does anyone know what the problem is with this company. We ended up going to a local trophy place to get our spring meet plaques, not up to the quality we are used to.<P>Has anyone dealt with another company with better results.<P>By the way - Maybe this is a dumb question - but where did dash plaques derive from? I could see mounting 1 or 2 on the dash board but wouldn't that take away from the car itself.

Guest John W. Harvey

Ruthval:<P>I live in PA. I tried on several occasions to contact Kacsar.....with nothing but an answering machine (I think).<P>I am an officer in our local club. We use Daytona Trophy....in guess where....Daytona Florida! They are great! Place the order, and in 2 to 3 weeks (they state that if you place an order between May and September it may take up to 4 weeks) you have very nice looking dash plaques. They will do rush orders for an extra $30.00 They do custom and standard stock work. <P><BR>I also belong to the National Monte Carlo Owners Association. They too use Daytona Trophy. The quality of the work is excellent!<P>The number is 1-800-327-4752<P>John

Ruth,<BR>You just brought up a bad memory or two, of when I use to deal with them back in the late 70's and 80's. I was involved with the VCCA then and we held our fall meets on Sunday, the day after the Hershey Fall Meet, on the same parking lot. The best one ever, was the year I had to meet the Greyhound bus at the terminal in Harrisburg at 4:30 AM, the morning of the show, to pick them up. Finally got him on the phone the night before and he said that was the only way I was to have them in time. Until that night I didn't even know if he had them done. (Use to place my orders 5 months in advance.)<BR>Rick

We had the same problem out here in Wyoming several years ago. Ended up having a rush job done locally. When the plaques finally showed up thay had the wrong date. Never happened to us again, because we dropped them like a hot potato. ~~ HV

Just want to cast my vote for Daytona Trophy. Used them for our Mustang Club shows in NJ for 5-6 years with great success. Now use them for our Cape Fear Chapter of NC Region AACA annual show. Same good results. Pay in advance and shipping is no charge and their prices are VERY competitive.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mark G

I just ordered dash plaques from eastern etching with me suppling the design for our tour in August they said I would have them by the last week of July. I sure hope so I have learned from Kacsur's not to depend on them any longer.

Guest rcirilli

Kacsur has been slipping for years. I believe it's second generation and very sloppy. I won't use them again.

Heard recent good reports about Rallye Productions of Wisconsin from others in the VW hobby, and recently ordered some myself (flexible magnetic back, though they also offer a full line of metal plaques) for a local event. They were easy to work with, reasonably priced, and shipped the order promptly (plaques come individually packaged in small imprinted paper "coin" envelopes).<P>Rallye Productions, Inc.<BR>W229 N1477 Westwood Drive<BR>Waukesha, WI 53186-1153<BR>(800) 236-2036 or 414-544-1870<P>Steve Mierz<BR>Stony Creek, CT<BR>

Daytona Trophy was on the ball and got the plaques to us with lots of time to spare and we were 100% satisfied with the way they printed the plaques

My knowledge of Dash Plaques comes from the 60's.<P>I had a VW (1961) sooped up. I attended various road rallyes, scavenger hunts, etc. Everyone received, and, at that time, cherished the plaques for completing the run.<P>Their dimensions were roughly 1" H x 2" W. As High School age kids, we would proudly peel off the backing and affix them to our dashboards, or, other prominent places.<P>Ego did not start here. I recently donated a 1924 Reading, PA AA Club Grill Badge (Brass with enamelled colors) to the AACA Museum. It came from my great uncle's 1924 Buick. My father told me that these were a status symbol back then.<P>------------------<BR>

• 3 years later...