oil pressure sensor

i think my oil pressure sensor is bad in my 1988 or i have major high oil pressure (in the 90psi range while going 70mph and 40to70psi at 850rpm in the driveway).<BR>i want to order the part on line but need a part number. can anyone help?<BR>Jerry<BR>

I don't know the GM part number but I used a "Standard" brand to replace mine. Works just fine and should be commonly available at any of the larger auto supply houses. The old one would spike to full scale occasionally, idling or driving.<P>------------------<BR>Hal, btk@vbe.com

Both my coupes have had the guage peg out when I first got them, but I got new sensors from NAPA that worked perfectly, so I agree with Hal...you should have no problem getting a new one & that should fix your oil pressure readings. Good luck & enjoy your Reatta!<P>Mike Book BCA # 9202<BR>Reatta Club # 407<BR>BDE # 109

Guest kennyw

OIL PRESURE GAUGE.<BR>if you also watch the touch screen, you will see [electrical problem] flash. This happens when the oil pressure goes to the top of the scale. You don't have an electrical problem, just replace the sensor.

Hi I just replaced mine-- had it done at a garage, but you can do it yourself. the only problem is it's hard to get to. its in the rear behind the belt.you have to be a contortionist.they charged me 52.00 for the unit.