F14CRAZY

Supercharging (this time, it's real)

Might put a transverse Viper in two side by side Reattas but would be hard to park.

Daniel, my series II SC has 3" exhaust w/ hi flo cat to 2 1/2 " muffler, underdrive pulley on the SC. I am getting 31+ mpg around town and got 45mpg on a recent trip. My question... is that even possible?

Daniel, my series II SC has 3" exhaust w/ hi flo cat to 2 1/2 " muffler, underdrive pulley on the SC. I am getting 31+ mpg around town and got 45mpg on a recent trip. My question... is that even possible?

Hmm, that's hybrid territory. Extra batteries and an electric drive motor somewhere:) Is that indicated or actual computed from fuel usage vs actual miles traveled?

Are you talking about a Reatta swap and the mpg from the car?

Yes and yes. I do have 16" wheels but that would make the mileage reading lower.

I haven't checked milage against my GPS yet but the speedo reading is within 2 mph.

I reset the "trip data" section on the CRT last fill up & when I checked it today after filling up it said I used only 7.5 gallons,but in fact I used 12.9 gallons. Any way to re calibrate?

Edited by crtnrds (see edit history)

Believe the calculation is done in the BCM programming which hasn't been decoded yet, so it's not possible to make changes.

That'd be the ultimate, an SC 3800 from say a 98 Riviera, and the 4t65E electronic trans.   Reminds me of my son's '93 olds with the 3.4L DOHC motor... That was a chevy engine and internal politics were that the trans that could handle all of what the 3.4L put out was not made available to olds, so they had to mess with the cam timing, detune the motors' output.   Restoring the timing to optimal, that 3.4 is capable of 300 HP, lots of guys have done it - think of it as a Quad4 motor with two more cylinders.   Overhead cams and 4-valves per cyl., factory redline was 7000.   People hate that motor, but a few of us realize its beauty, and its not that difficult to work on, just have to fabricate a couple special tools :)

It would be so cool if I could just drop an L67 and 4T65E into my Reatta, gawd imagine the power, I bet you'd do 0-60 in under 7 seconds, easy