1949 Ford Coupe

Bronc

I am new to this board, so I hope I obey the rules.

I have an uncle that is leaving the state and wants to sell my dad and I his 1949 Ford Coupe. He bought it new, and it has not spent many nights outside. It has light hail damage on it. It has been in the Texas Panhandle it's whole life (very dry climate ) so I'm guessing it has very little rust on it. My dad is going to go by and look at it this weekend and see what he thinks about it. It is all original parts from what I understand.

Can anyone give me a ballpark range of what this car may be worth? I know there is lots of variables but if someone could tell me what I need to look for, such as what engine does it have and which one is prefered, etc.

I am antique car illiterate. Please help!!

Dear Bronc,The Old Cars Price Guide i have on hand dated 2004 says a #4 is 4,000 and #1 is 20,000.#4 is a good driveable car.Hopefully it has the flathead V-8 which IS the preferred powerplant.Many variables including how well you get along with your Uncle.If it was me i would shocked.gifgive shocked.gif you the car knowing it was going to people that were going to give it the attention it deserves.diz smile.giflaugh.gif

Dear Bronc,This is right out of the Old Cars Price Guide.I am going to shorten these up a bit cause the keyboard and i are not best pals.#1 Excellent:Restored to professional quality in all areas or perfect original.#2 Fine:Well restored or excellent original.#3 Very good:Completely operable original or older resto showing wear.#4 Good:Driveable vehicle,usable as is #5Restorable:Needs complete resto,needs everything.#6 Parts car:nuff said.Hope this helps.diz smile.gif