Packard Detroit Factory Inquiry - Still There?

Guest BJM

I am planning on going to the Packard Plant on EGB the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving, as well as hitting the Proving Grounds....my Girlfriend who lives in Detroit was at the EGB Plant about a month ago and will be with me as well as few other friends to ward off any problems. I have a few pics that she took last month, here is one, but I am not sure what building its of.

If anyone has a map or information regarding what certain areas of buildings where used for that would be great. I have never been to the Plant but am really looking forward to experiencing it, whether just walking around the fence taking pictures, or even sticking my head in the door.

Don

post-49198-143137885974_thumb.jpg

Don,

That looks like an administration wing. How and who put the Packard banner up there???

Your comments after you go would be appreciated. I would love to sneak in but I've always heard there is security there.... and I guess it's in a bad part of town. This might sound sad, but I've yet to locate Grand Avenue on the Rand McNally!

Is the Packard Motel stil standing?

Yes the Packard Motel is still there. I think she has a picture of the sign, and I believe it is still in operation. I will get some photos next month of it.

I would love to find one of those banner's for my garage....it looks great on the building though, even with its one corner sagging...

Don