Non function Windows

For those of you with Window probolems - On my 88 when I started having problems -No motor nosie when button was pressed, I insited on having the console switches replaced first as this is an in-expensive repair and if a smoker has driven the car a lot of ashes fall in to that area of the console possiboly gumming them up. I was right - it was only switches. I am sure a lot of you guys have the knowledge and tools to test things for failures but I'm afraid this lady gets taken to the cleaners a lot. <P>Reading posts hear have helped me pin-point problems prior to going to the shop and I find that prevents mechanics "throwing parts at it until they get the right one". So thanks to all for your comments.

Some GM window and door lock switches you can take apart and clean/adjust the contacts. Just pry them apart but be ready for a few small parts to fall out. It takes a little patiance. I would not recomend this unless your ready to toss it out.<P>Tom

Guest wally888

Unusual for both to fail at the same time!<BR> I had a window switch apparently fail in two cars. Discovered by pressing VERY hard, each would work. Some one on the Forum suggested spraying them w/ an electrical equipment cleaner. I did so, fixed them both.<P>------------------<BR> <A HREF="http://www.reatta.net" TARGET=_blank>www.reatta.net</A> has supplemental info re.88, 89 and 90 Reatta Brakes.<BR>Please inform me of any new info, info needing editing or errors. A work in progress.