Light question....

I have an 89 Reatta. The panel Lights that illuminate the buttons on either side of the steering wheel and the console lights have startred working intermittenly. Sometimes they come on when they should and sometimes they will eventually come on while driving and go off...What do I need to replace to fix this problem?

my 88 has the same problem. i think it has something to do with the light or park light switch.<BR>i plan to remove the switch and attempt to clean the contacts if i ever figure out how to remove the dash.

Guest wally888

When you answer the above question, please answer this one!<BR> 89 model, all panel lights work except those<BR>in the wipers row. Entire row failed?<P>------------------<BR> <A HREF="http://www.reatta.net" TARGET=_blank>www.reatta.net</A> has supplemental info re.88, 89 and 90 Reatta Brakes.<BR>Please inform me of any new info, info needing editing or errors. A work in progress.

Hi ,<BR> My wife's '88 has the same problem, however when the door is opened, and closed, the lights do light up on all the buttons and surrounding dash areas, however once the engine is started, the CRT and the IPC are bright, and intermittently go dim (as set per the dimmer slider pot), and all the lights may return as normal, however for the past few months ,there is no lights.<BR>The wake up circuit operates normally, I was told that there are 2 Inverters that look alike and that their part numbers are different , one is located inside the dash board and the other is located inside, near the Shifter. The photo cell can also be acting up.<BR>I know that the local GM dealership all these parts have been discontinued, however there may be places here that may be able to help us.<BR>Oh, and a code has been set for this fault, mine is: B123H.<P>Prakash