WTB - Suggested Car Hauler for 56 Buick?

Guest drdbinfl

Guest drdbinfl

Hi folks,

I am moving a 56 Buick Century from Boston to FL. Any tips on a good reasonable hauler you have used and how to contact them is appreciated. I am exploring both covered and uncovered ways to do this.

Thanks!

darrell

PS: I apologize if there is a better place for this post but I figured this would be the discussion board with most experienced audience in this area by Buick lovers!

post-38757-143137885376_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_MrEarl

Darrell

BEAUTIFUL CAR!!! I can go pick it up and bring it to you. But I will need to stop back by the house for a couple of years though. Don't worry, it will be garaged and taken well care of. grin.gif

The last time I had anything hauled was about three years ago. Dependable Auto Shippers brought a 54 Century to GA from CA. Made it in about 5 days with no problems. Door to door. I would estimate around 6-800 for your haul. If you want the car anytime soon, I would not recommend Intercity. They promised pick up for 4 weeks. Talked to the owner and he was very uppity and rude. Called DAS and they picked up next day and had it to me in 4 days.

Again that is a beautiful 56. Congratulations on acquiring it.

So what ever happened to the 55 Special (i believe it was)puzzle you bought? Did you get it assembled.

Guest drdbinfl

Hi Lamar!

Thanks for the DAS info. I have done almost nothing on the 55 Special 2 dr htp except putting new rubber (tires) on it. I will probably put it on ebay in the next week or so. Here are some current pics of the car soon to be for sale. Just needs someone with more time than me!

Darrell

post-38757-143137885393_thumb.jpg

If you want enclosed individual service (one car only) you might considerTown to Town (Rich Lederer)in Arlington, VT (802) 375-9561. Rich took my car to Batavia and back (from CT). Very good personal service. I believe he would go to FL, but I am not sure. As I said good truck and trailer and personal service, and reasonable price. Good luck.

John

Guest Teamsterdug

For an enclosed carrier and good professional service try Autobahn Transportation Service . My family members have used them about 4 times in the last 3 years including one move from Florida to Chicago. All transports came off without a hitch and the vintage cars were well cared for.

Guest imported_Thriller

That '55 looks neat...I wouldn't mind owning something like that...need to buy a barn first to store it all....

That just goes to show you the 4 doors Buicks are nice too. I have wrestled with the notion of buying a 55 Roadmaster 4 door hardtop instead of a 2 door hardtop. As a collector I only "target" 2 door models because they look better while all the four door models get parted out. BUT a 55 Roadmaster 2 door hardtop would also cost a lot more and are harder to find then the four door models. So I think the best compromise is to collect some models in 2 door iteration and then add a four door model.

Guest RACEBUICKS

Call 253-335-5086 ask for Rick Henderson. He does this every day of the week and is VERY reliable for door to door service. He has a VERY solid rep in the Buick GS community foir getting stuff where its supposed to be on time.

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I have wrestled with the notion of buying a 55 Roadmaster 4 door hardtop instead of a 2 door hardtop......So I think the best compromise is to collect some models in 2 door iteration and then add a four door model. </div></div>

My thoughts exactly. Now what I would REALLY love to have is a 1954 4 door hardtop!! grin.gif

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what are you looking to get out of it? </div></div> see if he'll go for delivery of the 56 in trade. wink.gif you been wanting to get that new rig on the road!!!

Guest drdbinfl

Hi, the car is really all there plus many extra parts from a parts car. (Extra bumper, fendor, dash, intake, etc, etc) Orginially from Texas (still has a 73 TX inspection sticker) Interior mostly nice. I am thinking about 1,800 (including the zero miles new tires) Prior owner removed most chrome, driver's door and fendor and started to sand it. I have had it about a year and just do not have the time (my wife was right)

darrell

darrell

Guest drdbinfl

The owner of the '56 is not a car guy in terms of doing the work. I am thinking about $1,850 with all the extra parts I think it is really a car plus .25 of another car... LOL ... darrell