Information Please: Concours in Petoskey, Charlevoix ,MI

Guest 41Kaddy

Guest imported_41Kaddy

In the Summer in Northern Michigan a nice classic concours is held in the Petoskey and Charlevois area. I am interested in attending. Can anyone provide me with information on this event in 2006?

Guest imported_41Kaddy

Thank you Vertico for the information on the Bay Harbor Concours. Have you ever attended or presented a car, and is it a classy event. Thanks.

I've never been, but it is quite an exclusive event. It is organized by some of the same people who started the Meadow Brook Hall Concours. What's nice about the Bay Harbor show is that they have a wooden boat show going on at the same time, within yards of the cars. Go to bayharborconcours.com and I think you'll find some good photos of past events.

• 2 weeks later...

The Bay Harbor event is a fine show, and as previously stated, the addition of wooden boats is a natural for the area. The event grew from the snit the original Meadowbrook founders had with Oakland University (owners of Meadowbrook hall, and the original "producers" of the MB concours), and was sort of the "anti-Meadowbrook CD'E" during the stand-off. Those folks are back running the Meadowbrook CD'E, and the Bay Harbor show has a healthy life of it's own now.