Wanted-Pierce Arrow Hubcaps - 1929-31

Chris Paulsen

Hi,

We (McPherson College Auto Restoration Program) are looking for hubcaps for our Pierce-Arrow Roadster. We need three hubcaps total, but would be more than happy with one. Actually, just the steel backing is what we need. The front can be dented, cracked or otherwise mangled; as long as the back is relatively good. I believe 1929, 1930, or 1931 will work.

They are approximately 9" in diameter. The steel backing fits in an 8 1/2" center of the wheel.

A picture is attached.

Thanks for looking,

Chris Paulsen

McPherson, KS

post-30702-143137884646_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Chris

Not sure if you're still looking.

I'm David from New Zealand and I have 3 chrome pierce-arrow hubcaps, approx 8 inches in diameter.

They have a '12' in the centre of them, and in good condition.

Also have one plain chrome hubcap around the same size.

If still looking for them, what would you be willing to pay for them?

Best regards

David

Hi Sheepdog,

If there is a "12" in the center (along with the "Pierce" logo), this is for a 1932 through 1938 car. The V-12 cars were introduced in 1932, and the later hubcaps are slightly smaller in diameter than the 1929-31 hub caps and will not fit the earlier cars.

Happy Motoring.

31Pierce43

Hi Sheepdog,

It is hard to say without looking at your hubcaps or without seeing a picture. Price will depend on condition. Dented hub cap skins with worn out chrome and rusty/greasy steel cores are worth about $10 ea. A restored hubcap ready to go on a car is worth about $100 or so. Sidemount hubcaps are worth a little more if they have the locks in them.

Cheers,

31Pierce43.