Antenna Mast part number not good on a 1989

On my 89 reatta I tried using part number 22154397 antenna mast as suggested in the reatt.net tech data page faq's on antennas. The diameter was not the same as the original mast. <P>However, the inner antennal/cable that was suggested part number 22038195 did work however. I used the existing mast after straightening it the best I could. It operates a little tighter than I would like, but I guess I just operates til the cable breaks and then replace the whole unit.<P>I don't know if the mast p/n would have fit the latter year. Anyway the dealer took the part back.<P>------------------<BR>WML<BR>N.Bend WA

GM has a lot of different part numbers for antenia masts for thest cars. Between 1st design, 2nd design, radio options, and year. GM will also superceed their part numbers to new ones. I looked in a parts book and I think a 89 Reatta replacement mast is part # 22072185. That is for the 2nd design. No listing for the first design. Your best bet is to find a helpfull parts guy to look it up for you.<P>Tom

The 1993 parts book indicates there were four antennas used from 1988-1991<BR>The first was the '88-early '89 #5049043<BR>Then late'89 #5049136<BR>Then 1990 #5049522<BR>and 1991 #5049565<BR>The above numbers should appear on the antenna assembly. The '88 and'89 units look similar from the picture as do the '90 and '91. Based on other Reatta parts, GM has probably dropped most if not all of the repair parts. <BR>Any information readers of this discussion page can add will be appreciated. <BR>If you have a bad assembly that you can send me for comparison, I will do my best to gather numbers (and replacement information) for future questions. <P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.