'88 Coupe-No dimming CRT and the IPC..No lights on the Dash

Hi Folks!<BR> as above though when the door is initially opened and closed, the interior lights that is around the dash comes 'ON' then when the car is started and running, the CRT as well as the IPC is bright and the dash lights won't stay on -I cannot even tell which button is which in the dark, also have no light behind them, though on one occasion it did come 'ON' and it looked great.<BR>The code: B123H showed, I wonder what this problem is,I will really appreciate it if someone can shed some light on this buttons.<P>many thanks<P>Prakash

Guest Brad Gales

Prakash,<P>I had a similar problem with my 88. There are at least three things that could be causing the problem. The photocell in the center of the top of the dash, the electroluminescent inverter, or the light switch itself. I replaced the photocell and the inverters, which corrected the problem. There are two inverters, one in the dash and one in the center console that supports the lights in the shifter panel. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.<P>Brad