to buy or not to buy

found a 1988 with 81500 miles for sale. asking price $4500.<BR>i'm told it has had only one owner (i'm not sure)and i need your help.<BR>how do i access codes on the crt to see in the car has any problems? does the price seem correct? (nice and cleen in and out)<BR>i have been looking for a while and have found your forum very educational.<BR>any thoughts? by the way, the cars number is<BR>1G4EC11C6JB901726<BR>thanks in advance for advice, jp

That is probably a fair price for a good '88.<BR>The condition of the seats,door panels,should be excellant as they are costly to replace. <BR>You get to the codes by turning on the ignition and pressing OFF and WARM on the <BR>CRT climate Control simultaneously. <BR>This will get you into the diagnostic mode but that is pretty useless without a service manual to tell you how to step through the codes and then read them. If you own a Reatta you really need a service manual. <P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.

I live in Delaware (Wilmington) and have been looking in the auto trader and local papres for 3 months.<BR>i guess one of my main questions is, which in more dependable as it will be driven daily (i'm a salesman), a 1988-1989 or a 1990?

JP, absolutely nothing. No, it does need and arm rest (or recovering). Lots of $ went into it in the past year. I am the second owner. I want to update to a 91.