353622-Dales%20Dragster%204e%20darker.JPG

1984 230"dragster, 482" Chevy, powerglide, 4.85 148 1/8 mile only

Racecar number three.

353622-Dales%20Austin%20Bantam3e%20darker.JPG

1989 -#2- Austin Bantam, 440" Chevy, Lenco 7.43-185

Racecar number four.

353622-Dales%20Fiat%202e%20darker.JPG

353622-Dales%20Fiat%20rear%20e%20darker.JPG

1948 Fiat, 522" Chevy, powerglide, 8.20-160. The Fiat was stretched 4', filled in the roof and installed the escape hatch, 36 Chevy rear fenders to accomodate 17" wide slicks, put a ground effects lip on the body and made the rear wing out of aluminum.

post-36313-143137883838_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_MrEarl

Holy Toledo Diz. I never realized!!!! Those are some serious dragsters and some serious times. I like them all but that Fiat is awesome. What do you still have.

You have my upmost respect, Diz.

WOO!!!

Racecar number one.

353622-Dales%20Maverick%20darker.JPG

1981-#4 1971 Maverick 454 Chevy, powerglide 9.24 145

Hey DIZ, SUPER COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!! That is great stuff. I'm sure you put a lot of work in those cars but it looks like you were rewarded with some great runs .

Your racecar number one,the Maverick took me way back to my youth. I had a Comet like that when I was fourteen. It was my second car and it had a built up 302 in it. I used to back it in the garage at the end of the driveway and do burnouts and then come flying out of the garage like I was on a dragstrip !!!! This was always great until the Fire department showed up one day, someone thought there was a fire !!!!!!!!!! I'm not kidding ,this really happend !!!!!!!

See attachment.

Thanks,

Matt

post-36072-14313788384_thumb.jpg

I made the mistake of letting a friend drive the car and that made for the worst day in my life mad.gif He couldn't back up worth a darn !!!

This is what can happend when people use both feet instead of just using their right foot for both pedels. Still makes me sick when I think about it,see attachment,he took off the porch that you see in the other photo with me by the car.

Thanks,

Matt

post-36072-143137883841_thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is what can happend when people use both feet instead of just using their right foot for both pedels. </div></div>

Matt

I disagree. This is what happens when an idiot gets behind the wheel. It has nothing to do with using both feet. I know that one learns in driver's training not to use both feet, but that's information for the general public (read... idiots).

Guest imported_MrEarl

So Dale,

I've a couple of questions

Why the title Dizzy's Drag <span style="font-weight: bold">"Debris"</span>

and just why do they call you Dizzy....any connection. wink.gifgrin.gif

Dear MrEarl,All those years of racin i ALWAYS called my stuff JUNK.Since i wrecked the last two cars i just thought DEBRIS would be an appropriate title to give this post.As for DIZZY,a friend of ours gave me this name due to some politically incorrect behavior[related to a number of beers on a couple of occasions]. Then after i wrecked the first car i suffered from vertigo on and off for 5 years so IT became even more fitting. diz smile.giflaugh.gif

Guest imported_MrEarl

cool.gif

Nope, Vertigo Dale just doesn't have the same ring as Dizzy Dale.

Would it hurt too much to post pictures of the "Debri"?

Dear Ron and Lamar,I had help from a very talented Brother and a group of friends.Regarding any pics,i inquired after wrecking the Bantam and was told that they were the property of the NHRA and were NOT available to me,as for the Fiat i got to see the real deal rolled up in a heap on the garage floor.THAT WAS ENOUGH.Take Care.diz smile.giflaugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_jmarsicano

Diz

These car don't look like they turn left very well?!?!? Whatever happened to the high banked dirt?!?!?!

hehehehehehehe