Front seat for 1941 Ford Coupe Deluxe

Chester349

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My brother is restoring a 1941 Ford Coupe Super Deluxe and is in need of a front seat. Can anyone direct me to where I can start to find one. Perhaps a website or other places I can check for him. Thanks </div></div>

Have you tried scoping out Hemmings Motor News (the printed version at the newsstand)? Regardless of the web, sometimes broadening the search for parts and components back into old-school stuff turns up things you'd never find online (not saying that car seats aren't up online).

Also, bear in mind that Ford Motor Company was little different than any of the other automakers in the 1940's, in that their cars remained basically the same from 1941-48, due to the 3 1/2 year interruption of WW-II. Such things as seats would be pretty much the same, with changes in upholstery cloth, perhaps a stitching pattern, but that mostlikely would be it--so broaden your search to include 1942-48, and then, do some study: Is the seat for the coupe (either club coupe or the 2-place Business Coupe) is the same as the front seat for the 2dr sedan (and I bet it is!!), then the supply just got bigger.

Another thing to try is some good, old-fashioned legwork: Even though many of them have been cleared out, cleaned up (all in the name of beautification and progress ????) there still numerous old wrecking and salvage yards dotting this country--out in rural areas mostly, but they are still there. They can be an "adventure", but the last coupe of 2dr sedan with the seat you want hasn't been looked at yet, certainly not crushed and sent off to the smelter.

Good hunting!

Art

Thanks Art for your time in answering my question. I thought about the seats maybe being the same for a couple of years. I'll forward this info to my brother and perhaps he can check out the Hemmings Motor News. We'll also be taking some adventure trips to junk yards. Again, thanks for your input and it is appreciated. Also my brother lives close to the Bensen Research Library in Michigan, Im sure he can find out just what the seats actually looked like and the stitching.

I just finished the restoration of a 1941 Ford Super Deluxe Coupe and may be of assistance. For clarification, this car was a 2 passenger coupe with a horizontal deck behind the driver/passenger seat. I never did know if it was a business coupe or an opera coupe or a business mans coupe. I like to call it a bootleggers coupe because it could have transported gallons of hooch in the huge trunk and in the hidden area behind the seat below the deck. Everyone had a differant name for it. The seat back cushion ( not the complete seat back frame ) hinges upward to allow access to the large area below the deck. This hinged seat back arrangement would not have been needed in any other model and may be hard to find. Do have any part of the original? I would be happy to email or USmail photos of the car showing the interior if you will provide an address. I fitted a LeBaron Bonney interior kit in the car and highly recommend them. I may be able to answer other questions about the 41 coupe also. I will attempt to attach photos to this message. Regards, John Worden, Green Mountain Iowa