Florida in February-Reatta Get Together

Barney Eaton

An informal get together for Reatta/Buick folks has been arranged for lunchtime of Friday, February 24, in Kissimmee. Fred Marion's Sports Grill (formerly Damon's) is allowing us use of their meeting room for lunch and talk. The restaurant is next to the Days Inn at 5820 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy. (Hwy 192) where the Mid Florida Chapter is hosting the BCA Board of Directors' meeting on Saturday, February 25. All Reatta Division members and non members are encouraged to attend.

The restaurant's menu has quite a variety of items - Several sandwich choices, all with fries and slaw, $6.50-$8.; House or Caesar salad - $4.

Show up at the restaurant around 11:30 or so, earlier is fine. You DO NOT have to drive a/your Reatta but we would definitely like to see your Reatta if you can bring it.

I will be staying at the Days Inn from Wednesday thru Sunday morning.

I?m posting the following commercial message for my spouse Carole.

I am the logo wear representative for the Reatta Division (R-Div) of the Buick Club of America (BCA). George and I along with serval other BCA folks will be in Kissimmee from February 23-25 for the informal Reatta get together.

The Reatta Division offers Golf, Tee, and Denim Shirts, as well as Caps and Stadium Blankets with Reatta script and logos. You do have to be a BCA member to purchase these items. I will bring several Reatta Tee Shirts and Stadium Blankets to sell. All proceeds go to the Reatta Division of the BCA.

Tom, note the original "Fla in Feb" post further down the page. Per Padgett, the Old Town cruises are Fri & Sat nights, with possibility of Reattas being welcome to join in on Fri. We are planning on the noon meeting & possibly staying for the Old Town show.

Has anyone checked to see if we can enter the Cruise In?? confused.gif

Old Town - cars from 1973 to 1987 (but have been told unofficially that Reatta's are "exotic".) 1972 and older - Saturday night.

Just in this note on the Old Town web site

"Feb. 25: Old Town welcomes the Buick National Board Members who will lead the cruise for us tonight! Also The Wide Track Warriors Pontiac Club joins us with 150 cars for the Saturday Nite Cruise. "

Oh my, Reatta or Judge, Reatta or Judge...

Guest HessLakeGuy

We are flying down so we will have a rental car. Wonder how many Reattas will be there? I always like seeing cars I have never seen before.

Looking forward to four days there because there are some great things to see and do down there. Its cold and icy here, so we spend a lot of time indoors.

Tom

PS--Just was out in my cold garage double checking my vin for the Minnesota show---its in less than six months.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that whoever is the BCA POC with Old Town had better contact them. Normally the Saturday Night Cruise is only for cars made before 1973 and later cars cruise on Fridays.

Am pretty sure they will make an exception but it needs to be coordinated.

BTW I have seen over 500 cars there on special nights - 300 or so is no problem.

One last reminder of the Florida Reatta lunch.

We are leaving tomorrow headed that direction. First problem was finding a room in Lousiana... after several calls finally got a room for $85 per night, the highest was $145. Once past the hurricane damage, rooms should not be a problem.

See you there next Friday.

Guest GS70Stage1

I will be there for lunch with 89 White. Not a show car but my daily driver, still turning heads.

As far as Sat night at Old Town being crowded - that is the fun for me. I make it a point to go the first Sat in June, their anniversary night and have seen over 800 cars there. On a typical Sat there are around 300 cars.

For those that don't know, it is a tourist thing build like a main street. During the day the street is closed and people can walk around the cars and shops. Then at 8:30 pm, they open one side of the street and the cars cruise out slowly, single file. The tourists are yelling and having a good time and we are the parade. Get a lot of thoumbs up and nice comments as we drive by. This is also spring break in Florida so will have a large number of visitors.

Will it be crowded enough for me? Sure hope so.

Moi also with triple blue. Just my daily driver. Had to juggle some appointments but think 11-1 or so is clear. Only 20 minutes away. Local Pontiac show is Saturday at Old Town so have to bring the Judge for that.

What a great experience today. To my surprise there were more Reattas and people than I had expected! All the people were very nice and very knowledgeable about these cars. It was nice to put some faces to the members of this discussion, and to see the vehicles that they drive.

Thanx to Barney, Nancy & all for putting the Friday Lunch together. I very much enjoyed meeting everyone and being able to put names to faces. Was somewhat in awe of all the Reatta "Gurus".

P S: Barney, check your E-mail, Added 3 VIN's + info from the Zephyrhills show on Saturday.

Jim

Guest HessLakeGuy

Good afternoon:

Back to reality here in west Michigan. Its 27 degrees here, not counting the wind chill. Nice to meet/see all the people Friday at lunch-------now, I too can put a name with a face. I am glad we came down----it was well worth the time and effort and we had a great overall trip.

Tom

Nancy and I returned home around 6:30 pm last night. I am finishing the unloading and cleaning of the Rendezvous today.....she went to play golf.

I was pleased to have about 23 people at the Friday lunch. Meeting Reatta people and hearing their stories is great. I am so happy that people came from both the East and West coast of Florida for the lunch.

We rode in Ken Andersons 1970 GS convertible in the Saturday night cruise..the weather was great and we hope to see many of you in Rochester in July and Lansing in September.

Guest MauiWowee

Anyone have any pics? I'm bummed that I could not make it. I was in Bay St. Louis, Miss. working on a friend's Katrina-remodeled house. WAAAAAY more work than anticipated.

Maybe later this year (Sept.) cool.gif

I snapped several pictures at lunch and looked at them yesterday .....too fuzzy to use.

If anyone else that was there has pictures, let me know, Nancy wants some for the newsletter, and I am a failure.