1929-1930 Marquette article forthcoming

Pete Phillips

Hey, are there any Marquette owners out there??????????????

I'm the new Editor of the Buick Club's Bugle magazine, and I am planning to do a feature article on the rare Buick-built Marquette, which was introduced in mid-1929 and discontinued after the 1930 model year. If anyone has one of these cars, or information/materials about them, I would like to borrow your photos or materials, for this article. It is an opportunity for your car to be on the cover of the Bugle, or at least within the article. I'm planning this for one of the summer months, so there is time, but not that much, given printing lead times. I think there is a Marquette Registry somewhere. Any help or leads appreciated.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Bugle Editor

314 N. Walnut St.

Sherman, TX 75090

pphillips922@earthlink.net

Guest imported_Thriller

Very cool Pete. I just had a new window installed in my den, so I had to rearrange and am not sure where my roster is right now...I presume you have checked there?

Looking forward to it.

I would check the Marquette Registry. I also looked up the Marquettes owned by club members when I was looking at Marquettes a couple years back and I remember a touring a collector owned in the midwest (Ohio/Indiana?) that was an export right hand drive model. He was interested in selling and had owned it several years. That one has to be rare.

• 2 months later...
Guest Marquette1

Hi

Just wanted to drop you a quick note and let you know that I keep the Marquette Owners Registry for Enthusiasts and that I would be more than happy to assist in anyway with your article. While keeping the registry for many years I have many photographs, ad copy and information to share including the information that is on my site. Please let me know I can be of some help!

Don Holton BCA # 3808

Marquette Owners Registry for Enthusiasts

803 Cedar Street

Elmira, NY 14904-2643

607-734-5340

topsdown@holtononline.com

www.holtononline.com

http://homepage.mac.com/kaholton/topsdown/marquette/marquette.html

post-45551-143137883805_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks to Don Holton, Mike Balogh, and many others who contributed photos, information, and copies of literature for this article, which is now done. It will be the feature article of the July issue of the Buick Bugle, and I think it turned out pretty well (hope you all agree), with numerous color photos of the cars and a lot of historic background. The July issue is going to press in about two weeks.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Bugle Editor

1 of 2397. Very, very rare model. Most were 2 or 4 door sedans. Worth a sound restoration and bidding is underway.