Advice

I recently inherited approx. 100 older cars, trucks and tractors not to mention thousands of misc. parts. Condition range from fully restored to need lots of work. The years range from the late 1920's to the early 1960's, from Fords to Chevrolets, John Deere to Fordsons. I will be keeping some of the vehicles but the majority will be sold. I don't want to have an auction. I am looking for advice on the best way to sell the items that I will not be keeping. Any help would be appreciated.

Woody1,

I'm the webmaster here.

Just a word of advice to you, and to others who chat with you about your cars:

There are many scams going around the net about people with large collections of cars and parts. No specifics. The seller sucks people in and sells something they dont have.

I strongly suggest you contact a local AACA club in your area. They can help you access your collection and point out the best way to liquidate it.

Find a list of local clubs at:

http://www.aaca.org/regions/list.aspx

Or if you like, feel free to call me and I can give you some pointers.

Peter Gariepy

AACA Webmaster

520-991-7940

Spoke with Woody1 on the phone today. I suggested he contact the AACA regions in his area to see if he can get any help locally. He's in Minnesota! (brrr... ) cold time of year to be lookn at cool cars in cold barns!

If you happen to be up near the northern border of MINN drop Woody a note. He could use our help.

Peter

Idle Swede,

Like I mentioned before, I have appx 100 vehicles. If you want to email me we can discuss further.{lrwoody2@yahoo.com) To give you a rough idea of the vehicles I have, 25ish are tractors, mostly from the 1930's. John Deere (B,D,GP), Fordson, CAT, Ford (2N,8N,9N,800) 60ish trucks and pickups from the early 1930's to a couple in the 1970's, Fords, Chevy and Dodge. Only a few are cars, from the 1930's to 1960's. I also have endless parts, however, I don't have the parts inventoried yet. That will be quite the task.

Woody1