Sign in to follow this  

Disappointed 8-(

For what it's worth the Newsletter Editor and the Assistant Director of the Reatta Division are both from Massachusetts. Each of them own two Reattas. The Minuteman Chapter of the BCA is based in that area also with a couple hundred members. If you have a BCA Directory it would list all the members and their cars in your area.

Don't worry, the blue Reatta in northern CT should be on the road in a day or two (fender is being painted at a quality auto-shop). Can't wait!

Brenda, I'm always on the road in MA...perhaps if you slow down to the point where other cars on the road aren't just a blurr on your way to altering the time/space relationship, you'd see more Reattas.<P>Ha ha--kidding. There seem to be fewer in New England..maybe the rust factor. I lived in Texas and Reattas seemed to be everywhere...<P>--Dalton<P>

Hiding them?<BR>In the winter?<BR>In the garage!<P>Not all Reattas are driven as year round daily drivers, especially in the northeast in the winter. Come spring, summer, and fall they will be on the road mostly to club meetings, shows, and the BCA National Meet.<P>For the first time since last fall, the low mileage white 90 convertible was out two weeks ago on a Saturday AM in North Central Massachusetts for an oil change while it was still too cold for the roads to be wet from melting snow and salt. It is now put away for it long winter's nap.<P>When I have more time, the low mileage gray 91 coupe will make its midwinter warmup run within the next couple of weekends.<P>The Assistant Director's Reattas are year round daily drivers and are seen in the Metro West area of Boston primarily in the I-495 area.<P>I frequently see Reattas on my travels through the area although not as many at this time of year. I have met new members who drive their Reattas daily since new who have reconditioned/restored them to lengthen their life.<P>Last summer, I saw a black coupe with a sunroof, from Connecticut, pass through my town, several Saturdays and Sundays in a row.<P>Last fall, one rainy Saturday night, I was amazed when I came out of the local Market Basket supermarket just over the border in southern New Hampshire, to find a like new 1989 red/tan coupe parked next to my Ultra. As I was loading my shopping bags, the husband and wife came out to their car, which I asked them about. They were the second owners of a 12,000 mile car which they purchased from a friend! What a friend but I could not believe they were driving it in such lousy weather.<P>You just do not see a Reatta everyday around here but you will see them.<BR> <BR><P>------------------<BR>Marc Brouillette<BR>Newsletter Editor<BR>Reatta Division<BR>Buick Club of America<P>Member:<BR>Buick Club of America #12340<BR>Reatta Division, BCA #213<BR>Minuteman Chapter, BCA #83<BR>Central New England Chapter, BCA<BR>Chicagoland Chapter, BCA

I use mine as a daily driver and commute from Milford to Mansfield every day on 495. This IS my winter car. Its a burgundy/burgundy coupe and was also my father's daily driver from 91-00. Just clicked 98K.

Brenda, <P>Based upon the discussion I started about the price of Roadhog (Roadmaster) station wagons, I'm begining to wonder if people have Reattas in the back of their Roadmaster wagons in case they have a flat tire. That way, they open the hatch, roll out the Reatta and keep going. Maybe they send the Space Shuttle back later to pick up the Roadmaster. <P>Of course, here in Texas, we'd never do that. We keep our Reattas in the back of our Cadillac Escalades or Chevy Suburbans in case of a flat. <P>Let me know when you are ready to escape the cold winters up North and come to Texas. <P>Joe<P>------------------<BR>1965 Wildcat Custom Convertible<BR>1970 GS coupe<BR>1990 Reatta coupe<BR>1999 Regal GSE<BR>2002 Reatta II coupe (I wish!)

My '88 Coupe is a daily driver which passes thru Worcester, MA on I-290 every day. Just hit 114.000 miles. No brake problems yet, but the CRT is a 50 % on off nuisance. I will be picking up an '89 parts car this weekend with fully functional electronics. Hence that will be solved shortly.

Thanks guys! Glad to know you're still out there with the cars 8-) I just had to check. Since I moved back to NH, I'd seen one in Manchester & heard rumor of one in Nashua, but that was it.<P>Dalton - I'm sorry - I'm scum! I was in Boston last weekend (swing dancing in Cambridge, actually) & I forgot to let you know. As for speeding past everyone, I still do that, but a bit more slowly that I did it in AZ (NH cops are nasty - and they're the one'll raise my insurance rates).<P>Joe - Texas, you say? Actually, I've already been there with my Reatta - twice! I drove from Phoenix to Austin for Thanksgiving and Christmas in 1997 (the year I moved to Phoenix), as I have relatives there.<P>~B<P>------------------<BR>REATTA SITE:<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/gohighr/reatta.html" TARGET=_blank><BR>http://members.aol.com/gohighr/reatta.html</A>

Hey Brenda,<BR>Jus lil ol' me again, saying hi! smile.gif<BR>Hey, re: the speeding, get a Passport! That's what I did down here in MD. Of course, they're starting to catch on now, so I think it's time for an upgrade! LOL to all of ya' grin.gif

Sorry, no big 'ole Honda SUVs for me (or any other sort of SUVs). I had enough of driving big stuff when I drove & worked on big trucks (including semi's). I'll stick to my small cars (ya know, I think the Corvair is actually smaller than theReatta, though it does seat more people).<BR>~Brenda<P><BR>Hey - a little birdie told me a 'passport' is also a radar detector ... got one (though a differnet brand/model).<BR>------------------<BR>REATTA SITE:<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/gohighr/reatta.html" TARGET=_blank> <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/gohighr/reatta.html</A>" TARGET=_blank>http://members.aol.com/gohighr/reatta.html</A> <p>[This message has been edited by Reatta2go (edited 01-30-2001).]