Bugatti tool box photos

Malone

It all depends on when your great-grandfather had it. Did he first have it in the 1930s, or did he first have it in the 1970s?. If I'm not mistaken, it is made of plywood. And the handles and hinges look very modern as well (1970s).

One thing we can tell from the photo, though, is that it's not meant to be on a car.

I have no doubt that this box was modified to meat the needs of my relatives. This box has been used as a tack trunk for horse shows and cattle shows. I have no idea how long it has been in my family, as everyone who might now is now passed on. If it is or is not an origianl, it makes no difference to me. Would be nice if it were valuable (everyone likes money) but if it is just an old box, that is fine too.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no doubt that this box was modified to meat the needs of my relatives. This box has been used as a tack trunk for horse shows and cattle shows. I have no idea how long it has been in my family, as everyone who might now is now passed on. If it is or is not an origianl, it makes no difference to me. Would be nice if it were valuable (everyone likes money) but if it is just an old box, that is fine too.

Thanks </div></div>

Yes,

It is a very original 70's era tack box. My ex- and I had one just like that, in different colors. Rest assured that it doesn't date from the 20's or 39's, but was purpose-built for horse tack.

Art

Guest Silverghost

Anyone in your family ever live,or work at the

3B ranch??? This box was NEVER made for a car...and was NOT MADE in the 20s-30s !!!

Find that guy that TOLD you it was OLD & Rare and from a Bugatti and SELL IT TO HIM FOR BIG MONEY!!!

You would not believe how many people find me and show me some sort of old part that they think is a "Rare" Rolls~Royce or Duesenberg part!!! 99.9 % it is NOT!!! But THEY WANT TO BELIEVE IT IS!!!

Sorry...I REALLY wish it was RARE!!!