STAINLESS AND TRIM BUFFING

jaxops

I am not familiar with the Eastwood kits but I use a stainless compound that I buy from my local plating shop. That is used to clean the metal, then I use a

polishing compound to put a good bright shine on the part. Be sure to hold the parts low on the buffing wheel, use a guard of some kind over the top of the wheel to keep compound off your face. You don't need to push really hard and overheat the metal if you use a good compound.

• 1 month later...
Guest imported_CarFreak

Hold onto the part good so that it doesn't get pulled out of your hands and go flying across the room. Make sure that you have a good size work area so compound isn't getting sprayed on everything. Oh, and don't use too much compound - it will just get sprayed around and wasted.

Be patient, take your time and keep checking to see how the piece that you are working on is coming along.

I was wondering about this myself. My door plates are all crusty with white stuff. I do not have a wheel but prefer to use old hand muscle (it's cheaper). Should I first try and remove the scale with a Lime remover or will any metal polishing compound work? And then once clean and bright, how do you paint the black patterns in again effectively? I have cleaned and repainted the headlight bezels and they look terrific.

Thanks again!