what is the best thing about Reattas?

Guest allbuick

Guest allbuick

What do you think is the single best thing about the Reatta. Don't cheat with your answer, just name one thing that you feel is Reattas best asset or feature.

bright red, beautiful, and fun to drive. you get 2nd & 3rd looks and people ask "what is that car" god, if only i had owned it years ago when i was single !!!!

I have a 1991 Buick Ad Planner and it has a section called Marketing/Demographics. <P>It is interesting that Buick though the top reason for purchasing was the styling. Their figures also place the average household income (1991) at $99,050. Their average age calculation was 47.

Having something different. I'm the only one I know of in an area with 200,000 people that has one. Most people have never seen or heard of one. It is a comfortable, fun car to drive. Lots of room for such a small car. Great for a single person.

Styling, looks, appearance, especially the convertible. Also the long almost troublefree service they provide. I have never owned a better car than my Reatta. The only car that came close was another Buick.

I would definitely say the looks; it will NEVER go out of style (turns heads at the high school parking lot) It also has a kickass stereo, even for 1988 technology, stock it sounds great. The car is also a blast to drive!<P>Mike/EdgeCrusher

Okay, I think its a toss up...<P>Some may disagree, but I think its either the comfort factor (no one can tell me they can't find a comfortable position with 16 way adjustable seats).<P>Or it could be the durability of the paint (is that silly?) I drive in harsh conditions where there is a lot of salt on the roads in winter. I have very minor rust in my wheel wells (you can't see unless you actually look inside them). I think thats amazing, considering the car was made over 13 years ago.<P>Or it could be the wonderful 3.8L engine that keeps going & going & going...<P>The car is a remarkable machine!

Looks and Comfort for sure....I have owned 2 Corvettes and 4 Reattas. I think I get as many "looks" and compliments on the Reatta as the Corvette. BUT the difference is that I can get in the Reatta and drive for hours and be very comfortable. It is a luxury car with a true sports car look! <P>------------------<BR> My Topless Reatta<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/drbuch2000/TheReatta.html" TARGET=_blank>http://hometown.aol.com/drbuch2000/TheReatta.html</A>

....i'd have to say it's the 3.8. Styling and handling are icing on the cake but i've seen clips of this same motor lifting the front wheels off the ground in a Turbo Grand National. Glad GM abandoned the stupid 3.1 and 2.8 junk and went back to the 3800. It hardly needs to work to push this Reatta. Galvanized sheet metal and acrylic are good to.

The best thing about the Reatta is that it is a total package.<BR>Styling:it still looks new.One of the best production styling jobs of the period,and one of the best&cleanest to ever come out of GM ever.<BR>Comfort:gadgets,leather,sound system,and not cramped or claustrophobic like a lot of small sporty cars.<BR>Quality:fit,finish,reliability..<BR>Uniqueness:Speaks for itself..I live in So.Cal.and I'll go for weeks sometimes before I see another one!I think the touch screen is too cooltoo.<BR>Easily serviced:common enough mechanicals so you don't scare most mechanics.<BR>Affordable:as used cars,and often times they have had good maintenance from previous owners.Seems to me most people are looking for used 4-doors so that works in a buyer's{unfortunately NOT a seller's}favor.<BR>Practical:I can put my electric piano in through the drop door and speakers in the trunk with room to spare.Great "gig"car.Also the gas mileage{with 87 octane!!!}of upper 20's on the freeway.Not bad for a luxury car!<BR>Roadability:it won't squeel rubber,but it feels solid,tight and quiet and once it gets going it can keep up with anything!<BR>I'm sure I could come up with more reasons,but since the original request was for just ONE,I guess it's WAY time for me to shut up.<BR>

Natasha, Natasha, Natasha Shame on you! A guy magnet? I feel so degraded. While I have to agree the styling is Reatta's best single feature, the curves of a car will never surpass the curves of a woman. No, No, don't get the wrong idea. I love my wife. A red 90 Reatta coupe near Akron, Ohio sounds like some kind of oxymoron. Just kidding. Well, sort of. By the way, what do you think is the worst thing about a Reatta? I noticed you haven't posted anything under that topic.

This is our 10th Reatta, and a Convertible!<BR>My wife has the Black '88 Coupe with the sunroof, and I have the body White/White/Tan/Beige interior 1990 Convertible, though only just bought it and is spending the Winter in a warm garage with a blanket over it.<BR> It is a pleasure to drive an uncommon car which is very unique, and turns many heads wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with Natasha! Great guy magnet and also, styling, name, perfomance, head tuner, looks it gets, the "what is it " question, "I thought it was brand new" statement, the positives greatly out number the negs!<P>Mollie

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kennyw

the best thing about this car [is] if you want one, there is always one for sale. Because of its many electrical and brake problems The price is also low. If you can't fix it yourself you can't afford to own this car. Did I hear someone say $800 for a rear break job?

The coolest part is when you get in, close the door and the "Reatta" logo slowly appears on the crt (88-89's). Like James Bond or something...so cool smile.gif

DEFINETLY STYLING! When I first got mine and the people I hang with saw it they thought it was new {bought used in '94}. They did not believe it is an 1988. I said then it's a 2088. Knowing how I'm into Star Trek they accepted that - the red matches the uniform.

Well I guess I can answer that question now. I have been in a dither on which way to answer. Styling(Beauty)or Dependability. I just couldn't decide. I have had my "88 Reatta for almost thirteen years. with no major problems and countless compliments on the beauty of the car. However my trunk locked up on me earlier this week and I cant get it open, So I guess styling(beauty) has to be my answer now. Just had my 144 month service recently and only needed front brake pads, but that doggone trunk bugs me.(tongue in cheek) <BR>Joe<P>

Hard decision: I bought my "little red car" new in 90. Yes, it's a guy magnet. I love the climate control-set it on 72 degrees and forget it. I love the paint job-still like new even tho I don't garage it and it sits in a swamp all of the time. Just like the bunny, it keeps going and going. Lots of interior room. Turns heads and conversation piece. It hugs curves like glue but has quick pickup. Does anyone have a driver side, gray, interior door panel. I ripped my door off about six years ago, and the body shop "made" me a door panel. It really sucks.

Hard decision: I bought my "little red car" new in 90. Yes, it's a guy magnet. I love the climate control-set it on 72 degrees and forget it. I love the paint job-still like new even tho I don't garage it and it sits in a swamp all of the time. Just like the bunny, it keeps going and going. Lots of interior room. Turns heads and conversation piece. It hugs curves like glue but has quick pickup. Does anyone have a driver side, gray, interior door panel. I ripped my door off about six years ago, and the body shop "made" me a door panel. It really sucks.

• 2 weeks later...

all the extras<BR>-16 way seats<BR>-touch screen<BR>-anti lock brakes<BR>-pwr roof<BR>-leather intetior<BR>ive owned for 2 years with virtually no problems bought at 150k mi, now 175k mi<BR>

I've never felt safer than when I'm behind<BR>the wheel of my Sweetie.....low profile,<BR>wide wheel-base, HEAVY machine, ABS, speed<BR>when you need it, front wheel drive in the<BR>snow, airbag, rollcage....this baby was made <BR>to take you ANYWHERE and I pity those who<BR>only take these out on sunny days, you're<BR>missin' the ride of your life.....90 coupe<BR>172K....2nd Reatta and I'll always be a<BR>driver!