Car Wax/Polish

Has anyone had experience with, and/or can compare, the following products:<BR>a)Eagle One, Wet Look (I've used this)<BR>b)Zaino Bros' Show Car Polish System<BR>c)Liquid Glass<P>Any info would be appreciated.<BR>

GOOD: I've had good luck with Meguiar's products. I've also had good luck with NuFinish on darker, older metallics. Mother's products are good and have a very loyal following. Have also noticed the Zmol products doing well in recent tests. <P>BAD: I think I remember reading in Consumer Reports that Liquid Glass actually DULLED the finish, and got a very poor review from the magazine. Check your local library for recent annual issues containing their report detailing what they found. <P>Mequiar's has also spent a lot in recent years to support the collector car hobby and sponsor several events. <P>HOWEVER, stay away from ANY car wax, polish or wash product that does not specifically state it is safe for clear coats. All Reattas are clear coated unless they have been repainted with an inferior paint. Any product not safe for clear coats treat the finish by rubbing off a fraction of a micron of the old paint. On clear coats, all that does is scratch the top clear layer. <P>Also stay away from virtually all of the miracle-in-a-bottle stuff sold on late night TV or products making ridiculous claims. <P>Here is what you do want: carnauba wax. All quality waxes have it in varying percentages. Polishes, as a rule, contain NO wax, but rather rely on synthetic or petroleum-based silicones to protect the finish. I'll leave the debate as to which product is better to the forum. Most people have strong feeling in favor of a wax or a polish. <P>I'd also recommend going to the web sites of any of the major products, such as Mequiar's or Mother's and learn HOW to properly wash and wax your car, if you are not familiar with the tricks the pros use. Knowing how to properly do it can be more important that what you use. There will also be detailed information to help you fix any specific problem you're having, such as acid rain, water spots, deep stains or scratches. <P>Good luck!<P>Joe<P>------------------<BR>1965 Wildcat Custom Convertible<BR>1970 GS coupe<BR>1990 Reatta coupe<BR>1999 Regal GSE<BR>2002 Reatta II coupe (I wish!)