Sign in to follow this  

Electrolumenecent PRNDL light

Anyone have a suggestion how to repair or where best to find a replacement shift indicator for my 89 reatta. Some of the postions were working until I spilled coffee on them yesterday. I opened the unit up and it appears the circuit board has fine cracks on the surface. Any suggestions will be appreciated.<P>------------------<BR>WML

Don't have an answer but have an additonal, related question: are the sections that sit in the center console interchangable betweent the 88/89 and 90/91 models? I think the 88/89 layout is much nicer with the translucent green lettering lit from behind. The 90/91 has a red strip that moves behind a clear plastic with the words "Park", etc. in white letters sloppily lithographed on the bottom. Cheezy. In fact I don't know why they changed it at all...maybe that's some GM guys job that would have been cut if they don't change things just for the sake of changing. Anyway, if the two types are interchangable I'm going to try to the older one for my 91. Yea I know that's picky.