Sign in to follow this  
Straight eight

Could this be the 2006 Riviera?

In the most recent Riview, Cory Correll submits a concept. Sure looks great! cool.gif

Note the Ventiports, the 71-72 Boattail inspired rear,the split spoiler, and the 65 inspired front.

post-30843-143137882428_thumb.jpg

WOOOOOW. i would LOVE to see that made, like that. that is such a perfect interpretation words cannot express it. i think these automaker execs should be scouring the internet for these amateur (though im thinking this person isnt an amateur) drawing and USE THEM! theyre usually awesome, better than the comapnies' ideas!

case in point: http://www.arkansascamaro.com/2007camaro.html

the camaro. some of those are AWESOME. pretty much any of the real retro ones id like.

BUT it MUST be retro for me to like it!!! i dont like those new-age looking ones at all! i want a retro throwback! you just gotta do it. this is because personally i wouldnt in the least prefer a late model SVT Cobra mustang for example, to a 1970 boss 429 or something. to me theres just NO comparison. im sure the modern one is faster, but i just cant be torn from the old musclecar styling. just awesome.

Guest BJM

I like that the front and rear make styling statements rather then the generic molded look. The Lucerne looks decent but has the same ol same ol large headlight pods and generic grille.

I love it.

Best of the riviera styling put together in a beautiful retro package.

Please build it!

Great sketch of the Riviera there. It is a truism that automobile companies in trouble produce their most memorable designs.

I hope they build it. And survive.

What do you think jonnyopa? That article seems to indicate that this black sweetheart represents an artists rendition as opposed to an inhouse Buick made design. I think the car looks great...Just as nice as that riv concept. And it is nice to see a hot rod magazine extolling the virtues of this marquee.

JD

Those Camaro drawing are all way nicer than the actual GM Camaro prototype I've seen pics of. That one misses the mark by a mile, IMO.

The Riv drawings show a stylist who is extremely clever at integrating cues from several models, from the boat-tail back end to the late-'60s rear quarters and on up to the '65-inspired front, although to me that's the least recognizable of the various models to which he pays homage. I like the idea of making sports-car sized renditions of the bigger cars of past years. Some of them "downsize" really well.