Reproduction Conv. rear window frame

Being new to the British car side of the hobby, I need to know of a good source for reproduction, rectangular, chrome, convertable rear window frames. Would like to get the top installed on the Alvis DHC sometime this coming summer. References are much appreciated.

Thanks, Al

Unless there is something specific or design-wise different about the British piece that would be difficult to duplicate here, I'd refer this question to the CCCA Tech Forum. They've had the most experience in duplicating these kinds of pieces on high-end cars. Including a photo would be a good idea.

(If this is a pre-1948 Alvis it's likely that it is CCCA recognized (see list). If it isn't it would be proper etiquette to acknowledge that in your request--some of them can get kind of touchy on the subject.) smile.gif

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your response. My project does not have any of the rear widow frame to serve as a pattern. What is the dimension of your MG DHC rear window? Also, if you have a good rear view picture of your car it would help me determine if the size would work for my Alvis TA DHC. I await your response.

Regards from the West,

Al

Al n- I believe that the MG Tickford frame will be too small (3 1/2 x 20). The

Alvis is a full size convertible. Enfield Auto Restorations of Enfield CT

1 860 749-7917 or www.enfieldautorestoration.com restored a 1937 Alvis speed 25

a couple of years ago. They should be able to help you out with dimensions and

picture of the window. I have a tool and die shop and have produced parts for my pre-war cars. If a window is not available, they would be no problem reproducing one if the dimensions and pictures are available. Once you have the

dimensions check other british cars (jaguar drophead MK IV & V) sometimes they are interchangeable.