Driving lights

Skip

90 Reatta Coupe Having trouble with my back driving lights. My light switch fell apart early one morning and since than when I drive the auto I have no rear driving lights. Brake lights are good and the fog lights won't go on either.

I've checked the fuses seem ok

I guess my last resort will be to take it to the dealer but they just go on a hunting trip no telling where that will end in my pocket.

Any help out there please. confused.gifconfused.gifI have installed a new light switch. All the lights worked before it fell apart. Still have stop lights but no driving lights in the rear or when you turn you lights on the back don 't light up

I am not sure what you mean by "back driving lights' but I am assuming you mean the taillights. ????? If you headlight switch assembly fell apart that is most likely the culprit as it does control both the tail lights on the upper switches and the fog lights on the switch at the bottom of the assembly. The only other thing that could be wrong is a blown fuse. I have several Reatta parts cars and have good headlight switch module available. I can be reached at jfinn@cpinternet.com

At first thought, I was thinking you may have a bad PARK LIGHT RELAY. BUT, if that was bad, you would not have front lights either.

I suspect you have a bad ground or connector in the rear.

Next, the rear lamps and the stop lamps use the same ground so if it was a bad ground, the stop/turn lamps would not work.

That leaves either a broken wire, or bad connection. Connector C200 or C400 could disable both sides of the rear. C200 is a 56 pin connector located on the drivers side of the instrument panel. C400 is an 13 pin connector located

on the right side of the trunk behind the wheelwell.

The 12V wire that goes to the rear is brown. When you locate the connector in the trunk, probe the input side for 12V, (make sure the switch is ON)if there

is no current, then go under the dash and find the 56 pin connector and do the same.