WTB: '98 or '99 Riviera

adoldfield

Good luck w/ your search ... I looked for about 6 months and saw many on ebay, I found one and purchased it a laugh.gif98 w/ 22,300 miles absolutely like new with every option available. Found in Dallas and drove it to California. They are out there just keep looking. Paul laugh.giflaugh.gif

Alan, I too, have looked for '98-99 Riveria's and it almost impossible to find a nice one. My Mom's '95 Riv has 72K on it and has lots of issues, I wish I had bought a '99 to replace the '95. I drove the '95 at Thanksgiving and this past week during Christmas and it is such a great car. My company car is a Trailblazer at the moment, but I passed it on to the PD, cause his Envoy was hit by a snow plow, and I took the LaCrosse out of the pool for the week, and though it is nice, it's not a RIVIERA for sure! I'd rather have the '95 Riv anyday, over anything that we make right now, even the Cadillac CTS, SRX, or STS, as I have driven all of them recently, sorry GM Bosses, but you need to get a clue! I even told my Mom, she's not enthused by the Lucerne or LaCrosse, the Enclave which is the new Buick crossover, sportwagon to come in 2007 is an interesting option, but without the 3800, it's not a Buick, enough said, I'll get in trouble if I say anymore!

I suppose the issue is actually getting a nice one as these cars are "fully depreciated" from a dealer used car lot standpoint. Used to be, 3-5 years ago, they would keep them around the dealer used car lot I worked at, not anymore. Now they are going to the 2nd tier "Buy here-Pay here" lots. I saw one private sale the other day for $2200. I would like to find one for sure as well. The 99's are now 7 years old but still look great. Although I was pretty sure that GM would kill the Riviera after that run (and they did) I am so glad they made them, to make them available as an "instant" classics to collect from a time period where there are not a lot of collectible Buicks. Like Reatta - get 'em while you can.

IT's really a shame that the 95's do have so many issues. I've been so irritated with mine because you no sooner fix one thing and another comes up. And nothing is cheap on these things either, except the Riviera scripts on the side, which I bought for $11.00 apeice from my local dealer. Oh, also the temperature sensor for the HVAC system which I had to replace a few years ago which was only $16.00. After that it's been pay, pay, pay. The latest issue is the AC Compressor which blew the front seal, and now estimates for replace and refresh are in the $950.00 range.

Still, the body shape is excellent, the seats firm and comfortable. And when it goes, there is not much like it out there. A very satisfying drive for sure!

JD

According to Parade GM is about to release a PONTIAC G6 4 passenger Retractable Hardtop sometime in 2006.

A PONTIAC. Is there anyone at GM other than Roberta who knows that BUICK used to be number 2 in Convertible production-right behind FORD, and probably number 1 in percentage of total production that were convertibles.

I agree on the late model Rivs. I looked for about 3 years to find mine. Yes-when something breaks, it's expensive. Luckily the extended warrantee took care of the supercharger when it died at 75000 miles.

If the SC 3800 reappears in something made by Buick, it'll probably be mine. If not, the Chrysler Convertibles, the Mustang Convertible, the Magnum and even the Toyota Solara are starting to look really good!!!

Pontiac getting a convertible while BUICK sits with 4 doors and trucks....

How about a hole in one for BUICK for a change.....

Supposedly, after the Saturn Sky, which they just released prices on today, the next with be a Buick, if we are lucky. Velite comes to mind, but they'll probably come up with some other name for it! I also heard, but haven't read about it yet, that they are going to offer the Pontiac Solstice with the LS2 Corvette engine, it's going to be a mid-engine, so told, and an added $18K to the $20K price of a Solstice. I was told that the Solstice would take a V8 engine without much mods, like a 5300, but not a BBC, so this should be interesting.