Sign in to follow this  
Bill Stoneberg

January Bugle

I got my latest copy of the Bugle and it looks like Pete started off with a bang.

If you like the older Buicks, he has a fine article on the 1924 Buicks.

Good Job Pete.

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Haven't got mine yet, but heard it's got some good stuff in it! Can't wait, would be nice to get it tomorrow! for once before the first of the month! For those who also can't wait, the cover is BUICKjan06.jpg

Guest my3buicks

Got mine, and initial thumb thru looks great!!

I hear that Canada has special postal inspections for any mail comming from out of the country. Isn't Gov't bureaucracy great! tongue.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man, I just got Decembers last week!! mad.gif Is the mail that slow!

Les </div></div>

Les, it is just the price we have to pay for living in the best country in the world (even if it is run by you eastern folk grin.gif ). It just makes the anticipation that much greater.

Bruce, be careful...I am said bureaucracy crazy.gif It's always been an unfortunate reality in the first place...oh well.

Yes Bruce your right...wouldn't want something scandalous slipping across the boarder. Guess their just doing their job laugh.gif. Derek, now don't go lumping me in with the rest of them. grin.gif I'm just a 'Ham n'egger'. Work for myself, we get up @ 4 to do paper work, leave the house by 5:30 back to the office by 4, more paper work, home, back out in the evening to do estimates...should have stayed in teaching! tongue.gif Having said that, it gives me the freedom for Family & Buicks. Have never missed one thing my girls have been involved in! Just had to rearrange things grin.gif

Les

Les,

No problem...as implied in my earlier response, I work for the federal government (although work is used pretty loosely here)...the worst phrase we can hear out here is "I'm from Ottawa and I'm here to help". grin.gif

Very nicely done. I like the idea of featuring a model not often heard, or read about, in each issue. I'd be interested to know which ones that may be. Who knows, if someone has one, it might prompt them to write about theirs.

JD

Bill and others,

Thanks so much for the positive comments on the magazine. February will feature the 1961 Buicks; March will be on the rare 1933s (if anyone has photos of those, please send them to me!). April will be about the full-sized 1971 and 1972 Buicks. In the future, I would like to feature the 1910 Buicks, and am looking for information and photos on the 1929-30 Marquette, which is a Buick-produced car that NEVER gets written about.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Bugle Editor

Pete, it is great that you post your plans for articles for the next few Bugles! I hope it will help you get the info you need, I haven't received my January 2006 version yet, but I read here and from some friends that it is very good! Looking forward to some great things from you, and if you need any help, please YELL at me! Happy New Year.

Thanks Pete, but I suggest this should be it's own topic and should be kept on top of the list so it won't get burried. What do you think Roberta?

JD

Pete, let me know if you need info for the 71-72 Fullsize article. I'm anxious to get this month's Bugle!

Guest imported_BCAOffice

Just a couple side notes concerning Pete's articles in the January Bugle. As you read the 1924 article, notice the Note to restorers information Pete included. These are very helpful pieces of information for someone working on a restoration. The picture selection compliments the facts in his article very nicely. We hope Pete can continue this theme as he writes about the various years of Buicks. The "Ask the Buick Adviser" column is also a real plus to the magazine. Keith Horsfall's article on McLaughlins of Western Canada and Don Bent's continuing article on the Buick Factory site in Flint are both very well written and informative. Altogether, a "meatier" magazine to read.

Great start, Pete!

Mike & Nancy Book

Derek...LOL grin.gif most of my family are in there in some form, some daze I don't know what I was thinking when I started my own Company. The phrase the young guys/gals hear from me on the site @-40 or +40 is "you should have stayed in or it's not too late to go back to... SCHOOL"!

Happy New Year & All the Best In 2006!

Les

I received my January "Bugle" yesterday. I've only begun to read it, but think that the "Ask the Buick Adviser" section is excellent and something the Bugle has needed. I also appreciate Don Bent's continuing story on the Flint factory site, and was pleased to see Jeff Brashares' current information regarding the one-off '53 Skylark hardtop. I had often wondered what happened to this historic Buick after its appearance on Ebay.

Guest BJM

I brought the Bugle to work today to start dissecting during the next 2-3 lunches but I know I would prefer going back to ONE car featured on the cover rather then 3-5 car photos. As I recall in the old days pre-Baker Press, I would get my Bugle and note one impressive Buick on the cover, one on the back. This presents itself much better (IMHO) then trying to crame tidbits of photos in the 8 1/2 by 11 format.

I finally had opportunity to read the 1924 article this evening. This is an excellent piece, and I can see already that I will be looking forward to each month's Bugle with even greater anticipation in the future.

Great work, Pete!

Wow. I find it a bit surprising, but I got mine on Tuesday as well, so Canada can get some decent service...at least in one sense I am in the same league as Centurion...I haven't gotten all the way through it...chapter newsletter arrived yesterday or the day before too, so I've had plenty of reading.

From what I have read, I am impressed...I'm also looking forward to the 1961 issue seeing as I have a rusting hulk from that year as well.

AND I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to call the neighbors and see if they got theirs!