New traveller on this road

54century

I'm new and have a 54 Century and look forward to this forum. I live in western Massachusetts and wonder if anyone would suggest a good local club for Buick owners. Would like to attend some meets in the spring etc. with other century owners. Any info appreciated. Happy New Year.

[color:\\"black\\"]

First, welcome!!

Second, I take it you are not yet a member of the BCA. I suggest you look for the application elsewhere on this site.

Third, the BCA has active local chapters in eastern MA (Minuteman), Central New England, centered in the Easthampton area, us here in CT (Yankee Chapter)and the new Upstate NY Chapter (centered around the Albany area. So depending how far west in MA you are you have a choice.

Fourth, we are planning a Regional Meet in August 2006, so if you want to get me your mailing address and e-mail, I can add you to our list for mailings on the event. This event will be structured for both those interested in shows and driving, as it will extend over the entire weekend of August 18, 19 and 20.

If you want to respond directly for more info, send me an e-mail at j.scheib@comcast.net

John

Guest imported_MrEarl

Hey 54 Century.

Welcome new traveler. I think you'll like this road.It's typically smooth but has some fun curves and long straight aways. We like to have fun over here so don't take everything that's said too serious. Sure would be good to have another 54 owner on here. We're pretty scarce. There are some good clubs up your way. Are you a member of the Buick Club of America yet. If not, join. Their official monthly publication is the Bugle. It's new editor, Pete Philips frequents this forum.

Be sure and check out the "Me and My Buick Forum" and consider posting your Century stories on it.

Looking forward to hearing about that Century. I had a 4 door once and loved it. Read about itHERE. Would love to have a two door and really love to have a Century convertible.

Again Welcome and "Have a Buickful Day" (JohnD said that)

Ah Mr. Earl... you are very kind to give me credit for the Buickful day remark. 54 Century, Welcome. I join with Mr Earl and John Schieb here when we ask you to consider joing the BCA national. As John mentioned there is an Upstate NY Chapter centered roughly in Albany NY. Just so happens I am the current director of this group of most friendly and happy Buick owners.

We'd be happy to have you join with us if you care to. But for you to join any BCA Chapter, BCA Membership is a must.

BCA membership has it's privliges ( sp) and I am sure you'll find that any of the Chapters will be more than happy to accompany you on shows and tours. As a matter of fact this years National Meet is in rochester, Minnesota, and there may be more than a few of us driving out for the 4 day event.

You can reach me at jld1972@empireone.net if you care to get more information.

JD

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure would be good to have another 54 owner on here. We're pretty scarce.

</div></div>

Of course the owners are scarce when you have almost all of the '54 Buicks in the first place grin.gif That reminds me, I should call about that one advertised locally.

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of pent up knowledge here and people who are willing to share it. I'll join in the crowd and suggest joining the BCA - the Bugle alone is pretty much worth the price of dues (and that says something since I pay a higher rate for the privilege of living in Canada).

54Century,

Welcome to the posts! I used to live in North Brookfield, Mass. when I taught at Holy Cross College. Every Fri or Sat night there was a car corral in downtown Worcester. We went one time and it was a lot of fun. There's a bunch of New England folks on this and the AACA post site. They will help you out!