ECM location and pin out

Guest bhjh

I have a 88 Reatta and am fighting code e41 problem. I'm looking for the ECM location and pin out. Can some one help me. Car runs but in "walk home" mode

Thanks

BHJH

The pin out would be lengthy and most likely not needed. The BCM is located behind the glove box mounted horizontally and the ECM is below the glove box and is mounted vertically next to the heater/programmer.

Code E041 is a cam sensor code. The cam sensor is mounted in the front of the engine in the timing cover. The sensor detects a magnet going around on the upper timing gear. It is very common for the magnet to deteriorate and fall off and also the plastic holder that holds the magnet can deteriorate and the magnet will fall off. The correct way is to remove the timing cover and install a new magnet and it's holder but I and others have successfully used JB weld and glued a new magnet to the old holder by removing sensor and working through the hole to make the repair. Probably the only weak point on the 3800s is the cam sensor and the timing chain so if you do remove the timing cover to replace the magnet also check the condition of the timing chain.