Huge two page Lucerne ad in USA TODAY , FRI

Guest norb

Well that local dealer got the Lucerne brochures; the rack was jammed full when I stopped by this morning. Salesmen were busy selling red tag GMC SUVs though.

Mid-level Northstar V-8 seems just about right, especially with slate & blue guts. The more I look the more I like the interior. Controls make sense and that is a clean, well designed insturment panel. I do not like front wheel drive nor a four door sedan, but the warranty is good. However will a bankrupt GM back the warranty? Seriously, can one risk spending so much money on a warrantied car that is sold by a company so very close to bankruptcy? Advise!

I guess a lease is the way to get one. I like the car. The front end could look better; the headlights are too big and the grille is a bit too old fart Buick. But the rear 1/2 of the car rear looks great - very BMW like. The roofline, rear side windows and tail lights are perfection. I want one but don't trust GM. Still like my '94 Roadmaster wagon but I am quite sure this Lucerne would be a lot nicer every day driver. The Roadie has a lot of miles and a long expired warranty but it is still a well made rear wheel drive car and still has no creaks or squeaks. Would hate to get a new Lucerne and have it creaking after six months or so and I don't trust GM to make a car that won't creak.

- Ranchero - liking it but very unsure and not trusting GM

Guest my3buicks

Ranchero, Buick wouldn't be doing so well in the quality polls if they started rattling and squeeking in 6 months. Look at the new instead of "what was"

Guest Skyking

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Look at the new instead of "what was" </div></div>

Keith, that's a great slogan the American car companies should be drilling into the public!!!! cool.gifcool.gif