Original Good Year GT+4 Tire

My Reatta still has the original GT+4 tires but since they are 10 years old now, I am thinking that I sould replace them before any long trips. I just checked with a local NTB and they told me that the GT+4 has recently been discontinued but "some dealers may still have them". I was wondering if anyone has knowledge of where I might get 4 of the original type Good Year GT+4 P215 X 65R15 tires that came on my 1990 Reatta. I Appreciate any leads since I want to keep it completely "original" as long as possible. Thanks, Dave<P>------------------<BR> My Topless Reatta<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/drbuch2000/TheReatta.html" TARGET=_blank>http://hometown.aol.com/drbuch2000/TheReatta.html</A><BR><p>[This message has been edited by Dave Buchanan (edited 12-26-2000).]

Just a word on "old" tires. You might want to consider wether you want to put "stale" tires on your Reatta for "show" or "originality" reasons or for safety or performance reasons. You can determine the date that the tires were manufactuered by looking for 3 numbers branded into the sidewall. All tires sold in the USA must have this date code in order to comply with NHTSA requirements. The first two numbers represent the week the tire was made while the last number represents the year. Therefore, a code of 087 would mean the tire was manufacturered in the 8th week (roughly last week of February) of 1997. You should look at the tires before you purchase them. If you're looking at a code of 024 you might want to keep looking or try a newer style tire. wink.gif

The tire dealer is wrong the GT+4s are not discontinued. I work for a Lexus dealer and 2001 GS430s are coming off the trucks with GT+4s, I saw one today. But the GT+4s might not be made in that size anymore the GS430 size is 225/55VR16.

Guest jim_houston

I have a 1991 Reatta. My original tires had small cracks near the rim on all 4 tires.<BR>I bought new Goodyear Regatta tires, and they are great tires in the rain, maybe the best I've ever had, but they are tough to keep balanced. I did want to put the orignal tires on my car in spite of the cracks in the tires, but I went with the Regatta tire instead.<BR>Jim Houston<BR>Charleston, SC

Guest Reatta89

I opted for Michelin Pilot XGTH4's from Sears which cost me $65.00 each. On sale for 81 less 10% + had additional 10% coupon. Exceptional tires, quite and smooth with excellnt cornining ability. Initially considered GT+4's but do to low mileage I have and put on each year - was concerened that thye would no longer be available - say in 3 years + from now.<P>------------------<BR>

Guest dukeofo

I too was given the same info on the GT+4 tires. Personally I hate them but if you plan on having your car judged.... Guess it depends on if you are driving it a lot or not. I've seen the tire size for Reattas in car magazines like some beofre me referenced. I would opt for a different tire if I wouldn't lose points in judging. I have original tires with 27K on them too, but am looking to replace them this year too.

Hey Reatta89 I'm with you! I had my Reatta with the Michelins out this past weekend during the snow storm here on L.I. They were great! What a teriffic combination. Not much in the way of vehicles were moving. Bunch of SUVs... and me in the Reatta (LOL) rolleyes.gif .