3700k Select Sixty Roadster deal of a lifetime

Roadster90

on Ebay with less than a day left #( 4595122966 )

This is "Freds Reatta" and the current bid is <<< 15k.

I find it hard to believe and only wish I had the time and energy to go through buying it and selling mine. Holidays (OPPS >>> excuse me...CHRISTMAS)in progress, and I have to have a fairly extensive foot operation in January with a 3 month recoup time are the reasons keeping me from buying it before and now.....would love to see someone from the forum get it.

Nic:

First of all, best of luck with the surgery; holding good thoughts for you.

Second, I see that reserve hasn't been met; for all we know, he may want $30K for it. Will watch....

<span style="font-weight: bold">-- ALF</span>

Lockerlad is the new proud owner of one of the nicest roadsters out there......

Item title: Buick : Reatta

Time left: Auction has ended.

Only actual bids (not automatic bids generated up to a bidder's maximum) are shown. Automatic bids may be placed days or hours before a listing ends. Learn more about bidding.

User ID Bid Amount Date of bid

lockerlad ( 1138) US $16,000.00 Dec-09-05 09:52:58 PST

tompayette ( 353) US $15,600.00 Dec-09-05 09:44:44 PST

crank-e-frank ( 3 ) US $15,101.01 Dec-06-05 09:23:03 PST

tompayette ( 353) US $15,100.00 Dec-09-05 09:39:17 PST

txkimmie ( 2 ) US $14,863.42 Dec-09-05 07:09:09 PST

willyray5000 ( 46) US $14,663.42 Dec-04-05 09:48:41 PST

crank-e-frank ( 3 ) US $14,250.00 Dec-02-05 20:20:07 PST

the_harley_store ( 116) US $14,185.00 Dec-03-05 19:06:39 PST

the_harley_store ( 116) US $13,885.00 Dec-03-05 19:04:57 PST

randlaw ( 20) US $13,000.00 Dec-03-05 12:51:29 PST

Guest Greg Ross

Well, I'll say that was the "Market Price" of a "Select Sixty" that particular day.

I think $16,000. was a steal, a relatively pristine Vert. with only 3700 miles on the clock, select Sixty or not should bring a higher price. Mike/ ReattaDudes has mentioned previously eBay is not the best forum to sell this type of Collectable.

If this S/S had been marketed through a specialized broker or auction (one specialized in classics,antiques, collectables, etc) it may have realized a terrible stack of revenue smile.gif >>>> certainly much - much more than 16k.....

This S/S belonged to a deceased gentleman and the daughter had been trying to sell it for several years. It first appeared in the Dupont Registry at a price of $28,000.00. She then tried several other sources such as this forum, Ebay, and Hemmings, and finally got fed up trying to obtain its real worth. If she had continued advertising in the Registry it may or may not have finally reached a Collector-Buyer as the magazine has a mighty strong cliental...

From what I have heard from the folks that have advertised exceptional and low mileage Reattas' in Hemming's and on Ebay, those sources of liquidation have pretty much proven fruitless....

Speaking (or writing) of Mike of Reattadudes, I have not seen any posts from him for a very long time....Hope he is fairing OK?

No, my friend, as Idle Swede has just stated, it was sold to the highest bidder. Like all in a capitalistic society, the marketplace sets the price. Try as you might, wish as you might, the bottom line remains that what someone is willing to pay is what determines the market.

<span style="font-weight: bold">-- ALF </span>

P.S. We're flying into Miami in March, to visit friends in the Keys for a week. How close are we to the $1,000 pizza I've been lusting for, lo these many months?

smile.gif In a sale there has to be of course ......a buyer and a seller. The buyer in this case was just simply fortunate, and for several reasons. The seller in this case was fed up and wanted to liquidate, and therefore allowed the sale by offering the car at a very low reserve. The offering was made in desparation in a known less than desirable sales or liquidation auction (not the correct target market for this kind of product). This action in no way reflects the true value of either a low mileage pristine Reatta convertible or the fact that the car was also a Select Sixty. A more proper or correct way of detailing the results of the sale would be >>> The buyer was very lucky to be informed of the very unusual offering, was very fortunate to have the means to make a large cash purchase, and consequently received a very good deal.....

"P.S. We're flying into Miami in March, to visit friends in the Keys for a week. How close are we to the $1,000 pizza I've been lusting for, lo these many months?"

Jerry,

You will be only 50 miles south, (Miami airport) of that mouthwatering pie. grin.gif

Make the trip north & I'll make you "a deal of a lifetime" since you can legally steal tha $1,000 pizza for $15 grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Make the trip north & I'll make you "a deal of a lifetime" since you can legally steal that $1,000 pizza for $15 grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif </div></div>

DEAL! But the wife will be along, and she doesn't let me talk politics in public.

<span style="font-weight: bold">-- ALF</span>