Max users online was ...

Peter Gariepy

Stude-sometimes I forget to log in, so it's a wash. Actually, these forums are the best I've seen. I look at several forums including a couple of 4-wheel drive, and a few specialty forums for British cars, etc. One stop shopping for brass cars, my GTO, automobilia, etc. In my opinion it doesn't get any better. Hat's off indeed to Peter, Steve, Wayne, and all the moderators. We've come a long way!

Terry

Most users ever online was 719, 3 Days Ago at 09:57. (Jan 22, 2010)

Wow!

Peter, as a meet chairman, you know that I put a lot of information pertaining to our meet onto this forum. Every phone call that I receive, I have asked these people if they have internet access, and the one's that do, I have introduced to the forum and told them that more detailed information is available.

My thread pertaining to our meet has topped over 2,200 hits. I hope that I have helped bring new faces to the forum. The forum has been great just to be able to put out information and a very quick and cost effective manner, but I've also tried to bring awareness to the forum.

Guest windjamer

Studemax to steal a line from anouther member let me say ,Life is beutiful,GET ONE! Now click your heals 3 times and say I want to go home.

Studemax to steal a line from anouther member let me say ,Life is beutiful,GET ONE! Now click your heals 3 times and say I want to go home.

I have a nice one, thank you.

Peter is doing a great job - no doubt, but I stand by my statement.

Edited by Peter J.Heizmann (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

Wayne,

I hope 1,100 of those were not from out of the USA all trying to sell the same car to us. After purchasing 15 Duesenbergs from Nigeria for $500 each, I can not wait until they until they get here. I can not believe it takes 3 years for them to get here.

See you in Louisville.

I believe I am partially responsible for that. Yesterday, I posted a link to Roger's Mark II model thread on VWVortex, one of the most active automotive forums on the web. It's had 2,300 views since yesterday!:eek:

Absolutely the reason for the increase in visits to the AACA Forums.

The following stats are from when I visited VWVortex a few minutes ago:

Threads 4,525,307

Posts 32,774,867

Members 538,485

Active Members 23,361

You should see the "active members" count during non-working hours.

I sometimes kid with the moderators on that site they need a few more Cray Super Computers to run their forums on when they slow down.

I was trying to get Roger the exposure he deserves. I was surprised, due to the number of young posters they have, that they gave serious "props" to Roger's work.

Usually the people there are critical of things that aren't lowered, loud or slid sideways.:rolleyes:

bill pritchett,

I think you have to pay in nairas, the local currency, instead of dollars. I don't think the locals will let go of their Duesenbergs for $500 US when they could have 500 nairas instead!;)

Dealing with big Duesenbergs is a lot of work. I was lucky enough to win the Albanian lottery for 2 million Euros. All I have to do is send them two $15,000 guaranteed bank checks a week apart and wait for my winnings to arrive shortly after.

• 4 months later...

The most viewed thread is the following:

http://forums.aaca.org/f115/1972-electra-another-oddly-equipped-138164.html

Before that the PreWWII photo thread held the title.

Unfortunately when I broke it into its own forum (which i thought was a good thing :) ) some people took offense. Still don't understand why.

---

The real question to ask however is "What is the most viewed forum". When you look at the list of forums you'll see each forum tells you how many people are currently viewing that forum. It's a better indication of popularity. For example: Collectively the buy/sell forums (all of them together) seem to get viewed the most.