FS 1964 convertible Electra

Guest DonW1925

Guest 1964 225 Roadster

I never expected to offer this, but here goes. For a short period, I have ?an opportunity? to buy something, and if that is to happen, I have to make some room - too many cars! I am making this offer to gain room, not about money.

I will sell my 1964 Electra convertible. It is an unrestored unmolested original car, good driving condition. I am the fourth owner, 79,000 believeable miles. 401 4bbl, Power Windows, Power Seat, tilt wheel, speedminder, remote mirror, AM radio, etc.. I?ve just tuned and serviced it, and it runs great. The car is very complete, and everything is in working order. Diplomat (dark) Blue, white top. The only missing item of any consequence is the power top hydroelectric pump, readily available as a rebuilt item (the top goes up and down fine manually).

There is no visible rust showing, but the car is rusty in the usual places for a northern car, under-body and rockers. I have 4 replacement floor pans (Classic Fabrications) and rockers, inlcuded. It had a poor quality re-paint at some point (correct color, though), and needs to have the rust repairs and a quality repaint. Original leather is worn through in a small area at the driver?s seat, but all still appears quite presentable.

Also will include Chassis Shop Manual, Body Shop Manual, Owners Manual, etc.

ALSO, included is a very complete ?64 Electra sedan parts car with complete factory A/C, which I intend to switch over into the convertible. It also has a good 401, tranny, etc, etc. Not driveable.

If I can get serious interest in this car in the next week or so, I will let it go for $6,000. I will help with delivery within a few hundred miles, if needed.

Phone: 330-262-2369, email: DonWmsProp@aol.com

25572front3qtr-med.jpg

25572Rear_view-med.jpg

25572Drvr_side_401-med.JPG

Guest 1964 225 Roadster

OK, if no one is interested in this car, I'm going to let my "opportunity" pass by, and stick with restoring this '64.

Speak now, or forever...

"Going onetst, going twict...

Guest sixpack2639

Don, i'm sure that it's not a matter of no interest, cause i'm definitly interested, but you picked a terrible time of the year to sell her. With Christmas right around the corner I couldn't come up with 6G's if my life depended on it. Just keep her and enjoy her, you don't REALLY want to get rid of her anyway and you know it! hehe Carl

Guest 1964 225 Roadster

Well, Sixpack, I'd be glad to hold her until Spring with a decent deposit...

You're right, I would miss her, I really enjoy driving this elegant old beast!

Guest imported_MrEarl

Don that's a beautiful boat.

What about a time share deal. 6 people, $1,000 each, each "owner" get's the car for say 4 months then drives it to the next owner where he picks up another time share car and drives it home and so on and so on. I could dig it. cool.gif

Guest 1964 225 Roadster

Yeah, Bryan, those trees co-operated real well out in front of my house last month. Except they don't clean up after themselves. A while after those photos, they just threw those leaves all over the place, and didn't pick up a one! Just like kids.

MrEarl, I think you may be on to something here! I'll tell you what, you organize it all, collect the money, and pick 'er up... but who's buying the gas?

Guest sixpack2639

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, Sixpack, I'd be glad to hold her until Spring with a decent deposit...

You're right, I would miss her, I really enjoy driving this elegant old beast! </div></div>

OH so tempting Don, but the boss says i'm not allowed to buy any more cars until I finish the ones i'm working on now, namely HERS!! "Please honey, I really like this one." and "But you keep saying you really want a convertible." smirk.gif didn't work so i'll have to pass. frown.gif Carl

• 2 months later...
Guest 1964 225 Roadster

OK, so you guys said that before Christmas was a bad time to try to sell this baby. So, now it's March, and income tax refunds are coming. Let's try it now.....

She is available again.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 1964 225 Roadster

Going on eBay in the next day or two... will post a link when I get it there. Or, make me an offer I can't refuse now!

Guest imported_MrEarl

Don, this is beautiful Electra. I love the blue color. Wish I could afford it, if just for a little while. Good luck on ebay. Hope it goes to good home. So when are ya gonna divulge what's moving into it's spot? wink.gif

Guest 1964 225 Roadster

OK, she's on eBay. The Item # is 4629349773.

Go have a look, and give it a shot.

Reserve is well below what is stated above!

Thanks.